Captain Papanikalou <sp>

parrothead1

Does anyone know where he is? I know he was on Constellation up until a few weeks ago. Is he on vacation? Will he be coming back soon? If so, what ship will he be on? I was reallyhoping he would be back on Constellation in March. Our son is really looking forward to seeing him again. We met him last year and he took our son under his wings so to speak. What a great man he is.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Captain Papinakilou (i don't know the spelling either) usually takes his vacation around now and comes back in January. This February will be our fourth winter cruise on the Constellation and this happens every year.

Thanks. That's what I thought. From talking to a lot of the crew last year, most of them request to be on his ship. They find him to be the most personable man and a pleasure to work for.

The most personable Captain in the fleet. If every captain was like him, Celebrity woud have waiting list on all their ships. He was the reason we cruised on the Connie 3 months after our first Connie cruise. Most captains are seen only when formally introduced. A recent cruise had the captain waiting around for passengers to be photoed with. Nobody seemed to care. This guy speaks with everyone and is not afraid to tell you that e is the best in the business, if you don't believe him ask him. Smart, sharp, and sociable. Alway drew a crowd. A pleasure to meet. I'd like a captains schedule to find him if he leaves the Connie.

• 2 years later...

When we were on the Connie in November, he had told us he was retiring in December. Several of the CD staff confirmed this, but also said that he has said that he was retiring before, but always returned.

He is a wonderful man. He circulates and talks frequently with the passengers and refers to the crew as his"family". The crew loves him.

I hope he is back for our October, 2008 cruise on the Connie.

Hi Everyone !

Elsewhere on the boards, another poster (I believe it was C2C), said that Captain Papanikolaou is on vacation right now. I believe Captain Manetas is the Master of Constellation right now. I will be onboard 1 month from today, and I will report back, after my Cruise.

We also enjoyed sailing with Captain Papanikolaou very much, as he was quite visable, and very friendly. We hope he will be onboard next month, but I believe he will still be on vacation then. BTW, I just checked the Constellation Daily, so this is the correct spelling of his name.

It is my understanding that Captain Papanikolaou was going to retire but has agreed to come back for at least one or two more contracts. He will not be the Captain on the Solstice as that Captain has already been decided but I can't remember his name. Someone speculated about the Equinox. Who knows. An events director that I spoke with said that he "was married" to the Constellation.

He is very personable and kind.

It is my understanding that Captain Papanikolaou was going to retire but has agreed to come back for at least one or two more contracts. He will not be the Captain on the Solstice as that Captain has already been decided but I can't remember his name. Someone speculated about the Equinox. Who knows. An events director that I spoke with said that he "was married" to the Constellation.

He is very personable and kind.

Captain Skylogiannis will be the first Master of Celebrity Solstice. I had the pleasure of working with him when I was with Celebrity on the Summit... his relief (Captain Berdos) on the other hand, was not at all like Captain Skylogiannis - very impersonal and arrogant, not my favorite person!

Captain Papanikolaou is the most Senior of Celebrity's Masters at the moment - I heard too that he was due to retire, but since I am not with X anymore, I don't know... ;>/

• 2 weeks later...
We just got off the Constellation a week ago and were told by the Captain's Club hostess that he has changed his mind about retiring and will be returning to the ship in March.

That is great news, thanks.:)

I do remember him saying he was coming to Germany to pick up the Solstice and run her through the sea trails. This was from himself so unless there has been a change of plans...... he should be heading for the docks soon.

Archived