Tours in OSJ

ragethjj23

We will be staying in OSJ a couple nights before our cruise and wanted to do a walking tour of OSJ. Any suggestions? Last time there I took the ARCH Tours with karen. I sent her an email with no response. Any suggestions would be great!

Since you've done this before...any reason that you can't do it on your own :confused:

Since you've done this before...any reason that you can't do it on your own :confused:

Unfortunately, I’m a geography major and not a history major:o. Sure I could find my way around, but I wouldn’t know all of the cool stories and history behind what I’m seeing.

Unfortunately, I’m a geography major and not a history major:o. Sure I could find my way around, but I wouldn’t know all of the cool stories and history behind what I’m seeing.

Here is a tour we are thinking of booking when in San Juan in late March. found it on Trip Advisor. I like that it gives you the historical and cultural context of the neigborhoood and buildings. A local author as guide would be interesting.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g147320-d12464628-Old_San_Juan_Walking_Tour-San_Juan_Puerto_Rico.html

I highly recommend Carlos with Charlie's Custom Tours. We did a 3 hour tour with Carlos when we were in port in late January (you can also do longer tours). The first part of our tour was a walking tour of Old San Juan - Carlos was very informative and will customize the tour to whatever you want to see. He also takes pictures during your tour and emails them to you after - he sent us many wonderful photos of our tour. Charlie is the name of Carlos' tour vehicle - it is a nice luxury van. After our walking tour, he drove us around Old & New San Juan and showed us many sites. My sister forgot her camera in the van after our tour and Carlos made a special trip back to meet up with us and return the camera.

We will be staying in OSJ a couple nights before our cruise and wanted to do a walking tour of OSJ. Any suggestions? Last time there I took the ARCH Tours with karen. I sent her an email with no response. Any suggestions would be great!

I did a nature tour with my family with a company called Natural Wonders PR. It was the best tour I have had. My family still raving about it. They seem to specialize in off the beaten path and personalized trips.