Celebrity reflection 01/19/20018

magyarman

i have cruised over a dozen times on celebrity especially because of the outstanding menu choices and the quality of the food. This cruise was by far the worst. The menu choices ( banana stuffed chicken) were horrible and the taste was terrible. Worst food I have ever had on a cruise.

Friendly note to OP: before posting, think about why you are posting and what responses you hope to get. As a brand-new poster on Cruise Critic, no one knows your cruising history or your posting style. You imply that you have had many happy cruises on Celebrity and that this one didn't measure up – but the exact words you typed don't really convey that in a meaningful way. One badly thought-out dinner entrée [on a menu with many other choices] doesn't equate to "worst food I have ever had on a cruise." Also many of us have experienced the odd cruise that didn't reflect the normal experience on that cruise line. So: what did this thread intend to inform us about? How are experienced Celebrity cruisers to make use of this information? How are new-to-Celebrity cruisers to make use of it? Or did you just want to vent [which is apparently what most responders think]?

That is known as a typo which I think most people have done before. I know I have.

So have I. And my comment was in no way a criticism of the OP.

I was just surprised that I had not noticed it the first time it appeared.

We had many disappointingly cold dinners in the MDR on a December 2013 Caribbean cruise on Reflection. It took so long for the food to be served, it would not have been possible to send it back and ask for a meal with appropriate temperature food.

After that, our next cruise was booked on Oceania’s Marina for a 10-day Baltic cruise. The food was exceptionally good (except for one dinner in Red Ginger).

The food is so good on Oceania that it’s hard to go back to X, but we are joining family on an Alaskan cruisetour in August. We booked A2 so we will eat in Blu, which we have enjoyed in the past.

I have been reading a lot of interesting reviews for Voyages To Antiquity, so that might be in my future.....

I must say, even a “bad” cruise is better than the best day at work! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thought I'd add my two cents as I was on the same cruise. Food reviews are always so subjective based on personal preferences. I am probably the world's pickiest eater and so I never judge the cruise food by myself because frankly, I don't like anything. That being said, I certainly didn't starve on this cruise. My husband who is not picky at all said the food was fine. I did want to comment on the buffet though. It was probably the worst set up buffet of all the cruises I have been on and that surprised me as I had read the Reflection buffet was one of the best. I found there was no particular order to things with bagels being on one counter but the cream cheese on another at breakfast so there were two lines and by the time I'd get to the cream cheese, the bagel was cold. I always had to get in line at 4 different counters at lunch for my salad. Romaine was by the Ceasar salads, tomatoes, cukes, and a few other items in a salad bar area, and then green pepper slices by the stir fry station.