Refrigerators

ElaineKeagy

Are there refrigerators in all rooms on the Sun..... specifically Oceanview rooms?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are mini-fridges in all cabins on the NCL SUN.

Some are visible while others are hidden behind an enclosed panel of sorts.

The dimensions are approximately 2 feet wide and about 20 inches in depth and maybe set on the cabin floor

or in a compartment at waist level.

The interior space is enough for a dozen cans of beverages stacked 2 high (6x2) or a couple of 750ml bottles

of wine.

The contents of the mini-fridge are NOT FREE and there is a hefty convenience charge for use.

As others have noted here at CC - have the cabin steward empty the contents if you need the space for your

own use (medicines bottled water etc.). You can do this yourself but best advised to tell the cabin steward of

what you did and where you have placed the stuff ***.

*** stuff term used lightly - watch the shelf life of the contents - diet sodas go flat in 6 months - some things

have been taken out put back in many more times than they should - cool-hot-cool. The gummy bears and

packages nuts cookies crackers have been handled by who knows how many people. Beware the liquor

miniatures having been used and you are charged for that. Some convenience #$%@& !!!

Also note the temperature may not be fully functional - typical YMMV - temperature range perhaps tepid cool !

After the steward empties out the fridge, what are you putting in it? You can't bring any sort of beverage on board. You can buy bottled water on the ship and that's about the only thing I can think of.

You can bring empty bottles formerly containing water or other stuff and refill at the buffet with tap water - tea -

lemonade - fruity drinks and even coffee (I like cold coffee).

Wines that you have paid a corkage fee and need a little chillin before drinking can go in the mini-fridge.

Medicines and maybe even chocolate candy bars best served cold and not melting in your hand.

Other items from the gift shop or brought on board (not beverages or water).

You celebrated a birthday or anniversary - the cake can be kept a few hours in the fridge.

A drink(s) you brought back from the bar.

Just a sampling of the things that can go into that emptied fridge.

@no real name

Good list, but you forgot the most important item:

Chocolate’ zHow could you?!

This does not apply on a cruise, but in hotels we take s ‘before’ picture of the contents and ‘after’ prior to check out. Never a dispute.

You can bring empty bottles formerly containing water or other stuff and refill at the buffet with tap water - tea -

lemonade - fruity drinks and even coffee (I like cold coffee).

Wines that you have paid a corkage fee and need a little chillin before drinking can go in the mini-fridge.

Medicines and maybe even chocolate candy bars best served cold and not melting in your hand.

Other items from the gift shop or brought on board (not beverages or water).

You celebrated a birthday or anniversary - the cake can be kept a few hours in the fridge.

A drink(s) you brought back from the bar.

Just a sampling of the things that can go into that emptied fridge.

I’ll bring some empty bottles to fill with crystal lite and juices at the buffet. I sip flavored waters all night long.

But primarily I want to get Tillamook cheddar cheese in Seattle to take home!!! Maybe a few other Pacific Northwest food treats that I miss in the southeast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After the steward empties out the fridge, what are you putting in it? You can't bring any sort of beverage on board. You can buy bottled water on the ship and that's about the only thing I can think of.

We have our butler put in pitchers of ice water and ice tea. Cartons of milk for our espresso machine.