Royal/Caribbean question

suekel

Been home a week from the Royal. There were things I liked on this ship and things I didn't. When they redid the Caribbean Princess recently, did they change the Horizon to the same layout of the Royal? I much preferred the Royal setup.

Thanks

Been home a week from the Royal. There were things I liked on this ship and things I didn't. When they redid the Caribbean Princess recently, did they change the Horizon to the same layout of the Royal? I much preferred the Royal setup.

Thanks

Not even close to the same as on the Royal but a nice improvement over the old style Horizon Court.

Thanks. Anything would have been an improvement over the old one.

Well said.

Princess would have way too much remodeling to get the CB's HC to look like the new layout on the Regal/Royal unfortunately. I don't expect to see it anytime soon. It would be great however as I love the new layout on the newest ships. So much easier to navigate.

Are you listening Princess?

Thanks

Just off Caribbean Princess. The World Fresh Marketplace at lunch was easy to get about. Outstanding service from the waiters there.

Friends who had been on Royal Princess said it was different but not better except for the wait staff.

None of us had dinner at the buffet on either so don't know about that.

Just off Caribbean Princess. The World Fresh Marketplace at lunch was easy to get about. Outstanding service from the waiters there.

Friends who had been on Royal Princess said it was different but not better except for the wait staff.

We likewise found that CB has been improved with the new Horizon layout. The Royal's layout is superior because of her girth. Selections can be placed between the port and starboard lines, spreading the passengers and avoiding queues. Celebrity has done this as well on their vessels. It is a nice arrangement, especially for those who forage for a particular food type.

I agree with you LuLu. The only problem I had in the Marketplace was finding a place to sit it was always very crowded and some people playing cards there :(. Other than that it was ok.

Tony

my understanding is the Royal and Regal are basically the same.

can someone run down the big differences in Regal vs Caribbean? i see the buffet in the above statements is one difference. i loved the regal layout but may have to switch to caribbean for the next trip.

what i enjoyed most about regal was tons of space on rainy cold days (princess live entertainment). international cafe, alfredos, great buffet layout. loved staying on lido deck for convenience.

Except for the Buffet layout, I prefer everything else about the Caribbean Princess. I hate Princess Live, The Caribbean does all that in a bar which is much more comfortable and with waiters. There are not enough pools on the royal for the # of passengers.