Cruise points for Land tours?

Just out of curioisity, do you acquire C & A points for pre cruise land tours? Im referring to Alaska specifically. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Yes, you get points for cruisetours, 1 point for each night. You get 2 points for each night of the land portion if you are staying in a suite on the cruise portion.

Yes, you get points for cruisetours, 1 point for each night. You get 2 points for each night of the land portion if you are staying in a suite on the cruise portion.

You also get an extra point per night if you're single occupancy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Are you saying from actual experience? I inquired about this last year prior to our Alaska cruise. We were considering a JS and were also considering doing a Cruisetour with 6 or 7 nights on land. I asked about double points on the land portion if we stayed in a suite on the cruise portion. I was told that if we stayed in a suite on the ship we would get double points for the nights on the ship but we would only get one point per night during the land portion.

Are you saying from actual experience? I inquired about this last year prior to our Alaska cruise. We were considering a JS and were also considering doing a Cruisetour with 6 or 7 nights on land. I asked about double points on the land portion if we stayed in a suite on the cruise portion. I was told that if we stayed in a suite on the ship we would get double points for the nights on the ship but we would only get one point per night during the land portion.

We did a cruisetour On the Radiance in 2016. We stayed in a JS for the cruise and got double points for the whole trip. 6 days land tour and 7 days cruising, we got 26 points.

Several have reported here getting extra points for the land portion based on having a suite for the cruise portion.

We are on Radiance in May in a suite and doing a cruisetour prior to our sailing. I know I saw we will get 2 points per night in the C&A section of Royal's website and I have also asked a rep directly when I have booked things for our sailing.

We did a cruisetour On the Radiance in 2016. We stayed in a JS for the cruise and got double points for the whole trip. 6 days land tour and 7 days cruising, we got 26 points.

Several have reported here getting extra points for the land portion based on having a suite for the cruise portion.

In the long run it didn't matter as we ended up doing the land portion on our own but, it looks like this is another case of I should have called back to speak to a different CSR to get a different answer. :(

In the long run it didn't matter as we ended up doing the land portion on our own but, it looks like this is another case of I should have called back to speak to a different CSR to get a different answer. :(

Here is the information:

One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS,, TL A1, A2, A3, CL, OL, OS, OT, OP, FS, GL, GP, GS, GB, GT JS, J1, J3, J4, VT, VP, VO, VS L1, L2) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/legal/#12

Some reps do not get their information correct, I always look for written confirmation.

Unfortunately, that is the case all too often.

I don't know about a suite, but I just did a land tour this past September and received 2 points per night for both the land and sea portion as a single. My experience is that the land portion is treated the same way the sea portion is treated.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk