Unlimited internet

mom2NnB

My son needs to do some school work while onboard our ship over the 11 days. Not sure how much time it will take to do work and submit it so we are considering the unlimited plan. My question is can it only be used on one device? Say he wants to work on his phone while at the pool then on his laptop later.

How do you connect to the internet and can it be used on multiple devices?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have a decent phone (Galaxy S8 or Note 8) you can share WiFi connection. Sign into WiFi with your phone, enable WiFi sharing, and your phone will become a hotspot. Toss in a VPN connection, and you will not be restricted to any app types, like Skype or Netflix. You can have up to 8 other devices leech off your phone.

So no, you cannot sign in with multiple devices, but there's definitely a way to go around this limitation, provided you have correct equipment.

I haven’t used the unlimited plan myself but my understanding is that it can only be used on one device at a time but you can switch between devices.
I have bought the unlimited plan twice. It os not per device but you setup a username and password for the account. Only one device can be signed in at a time but you can sign in from any device. My family of four shared the account and it has worked well for us. Most recently on an 11 day on the Gem but the first was a nine day on the breakaway.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My son needs to do some school work while onboard our ship over the 11 days. Not sure how much time it will take to do work and submit it so we are considering the unlimited plan. My question is can it only be used on one device? Say he wants to work on his phone while at the pool then on his laptop later.

How do you connect to the internet and can it be used on multiple devices?

You create an account and log in using that account. You can switch devices so he will be able to use his phone at the pool and a laptop later. He can only be connected on one device at a time.

Connecting to the Internet is easy. Simply join the NCL network, create a user name (If I remember correctly NCL tells you what your user name will be) and then a password and you are good to go.

If you are in the cabin, you can set your phone up as a hot spot and share the connection but it is going to be pretty slow, and is going to be limited to a small area because of all of steel and other metals in the ship.

You can switch devices and I hadn’t even thought of the hot spot thing....

The internet is soooo slow though so I would definitely expect it to take him longer than expected to get anything done

My son needs to do some school work while onboard our ship over the 11 days. Not sure how much time it will take to do work and submit it so we are considering the unlimited plan. My question is can it only be used on one device? Say he wants to work on his phone while at the pool then on his laptop later. How do you connect to the internet and can it be used on multiple devices?

As people have described, you create an account (email address + password) and you can share your plan with an unlimited number of devices.

That being said, this is satellite internet. You suffer from latency of having every byte travel 23,000 miles to and from the satellite. and s

haring a small pipe with everyone else on the ship.

Simple surfing is speeded by cache servers on the ship pre-fetching pages. Video, streaming, large pictures, large files, etc. may not work well/at all.