Bar Harbor and other east coast destinations

eglingirl

Curious as to the best cruise line to travel up the east coast from Boston? In particular, if they stop in Bar Harbor with enough time to hike in Acadia National Park.

Princess does not currently sail out of Boston. It's often a port stop for Canada / New England cruises. Sometimes it's a port stop for certain northern TA cruises also.

As far as hiking in Acadia is concerned, you should have enough time for several hours of hiking, depending on the length of your Bar Harbor port stop. However, not all Canada / New England itineraries stop in Bar Harbor.

I think NCL sails out of Boston, but personally I'm not a huge fan. That's just my opinion.

On the Quebec City to NYC cruises, Bar Harbor is a tender port. Due to high wind/seas we were not able to stop at Bar Harbor so maybe next time. I have seen other postings where Bar Harbor was bypassed as well. I am not sure how often it happens so be advised.

Curious as to the best cruise line to travel up the east coast from Boston? In particular, if they stop in Bar Harbor with enough time to hike in Acadia National Park.

The NCL Dream sail out of Blackfalcon pier in Boston, mid september to mid october

We've taken two cruises to New England/Canada. The first was round-trip out of New York City on the Golden Princess. The second was on a Holland America ship from Quebec City to Boston. (It was earlier in the spring, when the height of the water in the river makes it impossible for the ship to reach Montreal.)

Tendering in Bar Harbor can eat up the time you get in port. On our first cruise, we took a kayaking excursion, which was great. We did not have to worry about the wait for a tender since the excursion was through Princess. Our wait for a tender on the HAL cruise was about 90 minutes. We were not in a hurry, so it did not matter as much. We enjoyed hiking across the bar and wandering through the town. We had a great lunch at a little café (Jordan's Restaurant). I think the special that day was haddock.