Viking River Final Docs

2552phxcrzr

Are they electronic docs? I understand the time frame for sending us the docs, but the website does not address whether this is electronic or not. We’ll be in Europe several months before embarking the river cruise, so having a “package” sent to our home won’t help.

I guess the other question would be, do I really need anything from the final docs (if they are not electronic) to embark the ship?

Thanks for the insights.

Not usually 'electronic' they generally come in a nice neoprene type case with a guide book and other useful information along with luggage tags etc.

Nothing absolutely vital in there as long as you know where to meet on the day and the reps are usually easy to spot with distinctive red polos or similar.

Not electronic.

You do not NEED anything in them although they are fun & useful. Dress policies (ignored by many), tipping info, etc.

Contains the email & phone # for your ship which you can get from contacting Viking,

I admit that i love getting them and do read them but do not use them on the cruise.

By all means pay attention to the excellent Viking Daily in your room after dinner each evening. Very useful for the next day.

h2so4,

Like you, we are starting our Europe travels six weeks before we board our Viking boat in Bucharest, Romania. Currently we are scheduled to start our cruise at the Radisson Blu in Bucharest. We are planning to book rooms in the Radisson in Bucharest, but are concerned about a last minute change in hotels. We will not see our cruise documents. Our big box travel agency is hard to reach when we are outside of the US. I would hope there is a way for non traditional travelers to get their travel documents while on the road.

h2so4,

Like you, we are starting our Europe travels six weeks before we board our Viking boat in Bucharest, Romania. Currently we are scheduled to start our cruise at the Radisson Blu in Bucharest. We are planning to book rooms in the Radisson in Bucharest, but are concerned about a last minute change in hotels. We will not see our cruise documents. Our big box travel agency is hard to reach when we are outside of the US. I would hope there is a way for non traditional travelers to get their travel documents while on the road.

Best way to approach this is to request the local contact details for your cruise before you depart.

The rest of the information is useful but not essential, and unless something changes you won't need the contact details either.

h2so4,

Thank you all. Good to know nothing is essential, though yes, it would be nice to read through it.

WisRiver, I got a response this morning to my query to Viking. They said to contact them approximately 60 days before our sailing and they would send me electronic copies. We’ll see how that goes. Those companies who insist on doing “paper-based” packages really need to also provide e-docs for non-traditional travelers like us. When we go overseas we’re often gone for 4-6 months. I had the same concern with Oceania at first, but was relieved to learn they automatically send final e-docs about 3 weeks before sailing, as well as the paper package, which arrives earlier than that.

Thank you all. Good to know nothing is essential, though yes, it would be nice to read through it.

WisRiver, I got a response this morning to my query to Viking. They said to contact them approximately 60 days before our sailing and they would send me electronic copies. We’ll see how that goes. Those companies who insist on doing “paper-based” packages really need to also provide e-docs for non-traditional travelers like us. When we go overseas we’re often gone for 4-6 months. I had the same concern with Oceania at first, but was relieved to learn they automatically send final e-docs about 3 weeks before sailing, as well as the paper package, which arrives earlier than that.

You don't really need anything in the package. When we checked in all we had to do was show our passport. The paper luggage tags have the room number, but I'm sure they are prepared for people who don't have them.

Are they electronic docs? I understand the time frame for sending us the docs, but the website does not address whether this is electronic or not. We’ll be in Europe several months before embarking the river cruise, so having a “package” sent to our home won’t help.

I guess the other question would be, do I really need anything from the final docs (if they are not electronic) to embark the ship?

Thanks for the insights.

We just did a VO cruise with someone who would not be home to collect his docs and he was able to arrange an alternative deliver. Contact Viking at tellus@vikingcruises.com and discuss it with them. Send then an e-mail including your name, booking number and phone number and they will get back to you. The docs are necessary to board but they are helpful and informative. They also include personalized luggage tags for delivering your luggage to your cabin and red Viking luggage tags.

We just did a VO cruise with someone who would not be home to collect his docs and he was able to arrange an alternative deliver. Contact Viking at tellus@vikingcruises.com and discuss it with them. Send then an e-mail including your name, booking number and phone number and they will get back to you. The docs are necessary to board but they are helpful and informative. They also include personalized luggage tags for delivering your luggage to your cabin and red Viking luggage tags.

Thanks, you must have mised that I heard back from Viking. I’ll be in touch with them again in October to have them send me electronic docs.

• 1 month later...

We just received our docs from our TA on Friday for mid May Viking Rhine cruise. They were in a cloth pouch, included 2 red leather luggage tags, paper tags for ship only, stickers for airport ID purposes. A booklet included flight info, ship and tour information at various ports.

However, our flight info included our Phoenix to Detroit flight and transfer at AMS, but did not list the Detroit to Amsterdam flight. Return flights were fine. Viking would not reissue the booklet, so our TA printed out about 15 pages of info for each of us!

Both the booklet and info pages listed all tours, but neither indicated the optional tours we've booked. The info pages also included a section for Scotland tours (??). This was just sloppy work. Hopefully Viking comes through with good service once we're there.

The thread is titled 'Final Docs'.

We got the pouch with tags etc some time ago, in fact long enough ago I've forgotten where it is, but on 30 March we got email headed

Important – Viking Cruises Final E-Document:

for our cruise on 13 April, i.e. exactly 2 weeks before departure.

This had 3 attachments, detailedflight, trip and itinery information including excursion booked for each of us - 21 pages each, and the personal information form.

We just received our docs from our TA on Friday for mid May Viking Rhine cruise. They were in a cloth pouch, included 2 red leather luggage tags, paper tags for ship only, stickers for airport ID purposes. A booklet included flight info, ship and tour information at various ports.

However, our flight info included our Phoenix to Detroit flight and transfer at AMS, but did not list the Detroit to Amsterdam flight. Return flights were fine. Viking would not reissue the booklet, so our TA printed out about 15 pages of info for each of us!

Both the booklet and info pages listed all tours, but neither indicated the optional tours we've booked. The info pages also included a section for Scotland tours (??). This was just sloppy work. Hopefully Viking comes through with good service once we're there.

We’re leaving in August, so won’t see our package for the December cruise until we get back in January ... LOL!

The thread is titled 'Final Docs'.

We got the pouch with tags etc some time ago, in fact long enough ago I've forgotten where it is, but on 30 March we got email headed

Important – Viking Cruises Final E-Document:

for our cruise on 13 April, i.e. exactly 2 weeks before departure.

This had 3 attachments, detailedflight, trip and itinery information including excursion booked for each of us - 21 pages each, and the personal information form.

Thanks ... in this day and age final docs by email or some online site access is important. We’re rarely home to receive anything else.

We received the nice pack with guidebooks and luggage tags on both our Viking river cruises. Not only did we use them onboard for notes and info about excursions and other sights to see, but I saved them and put with my photo album so I could easily find information about the places we went. A really nice touch IMHO.

• 1 month later...
We received the nice pack with guidebooks and luggage tags on both our Viking river cruises. Not only did we use them onboard for notes and info about excursions and other sights to see, but I saved them and put with my photo album so I could easily find information about the places we went. A really nice touch IMHO.

Does Viking package come by courier , expedited post ? We have very bad (8 week) customs clearance on regular parcel post in Canada for anything coming over the border. I received a London Travel pass 2 weeks after we got back from London, it was sent 3 weeks before we left.

Does Viking package come by courier , expedited post ? We have very bad (8 week) customs clearance on regular parcel post in Canada for anything coming over the border. I received a London Travel pass 2 weeks after we got back from London, it was sent 3 weeks before we left.

For sure, they do not come parcel post. Sometimes, they arrive in my mailbox and sometimes they come right to my door. And also, I trust that if there is an issue with shipping docs to Canada, they already know about it and how have dealt with the problem.

Our TA receives them and then brings them to our house or takes us out to lunch to collect them[emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My TA has done that before ... but we'll be leaving to go overseas in August ... well before the docs for our documents for a Christmas Markets cruise will be mailed. The e-docs will be satisfactory for our needs.

Ours came by regular postal service delivery.