Nightlights - QM2

DESTCRZ

I was recently on a cruise on Celebrity where there was a nightlight built-in around the bathroom mirror. We found this to be extremely convenient, and the first time we have had a cabin with a nightlight. The option in the past was to leave the overhead light in the bathroom on so a small amount of light would show under the closed bathroom door and provide guidance in what can sometimes be very dark cabins.

Does anyone know if the cabins on QM2 have nightlights in the bathroom? We are in a Q6 cabin - if that makes a difference.

I am considering bringing a battery-operated light to use as a nightlight. Anyone have other suggestions?

Prior to the Celebrity cruise mentioned above, we stayed at a Red Carnation hotel in London, and it too had a built-in nightlight in the bathroom - a small blue light mounted directly over the toilet that put out just enough light to allow one to navigate without stumping toes or stumbling over unfamiliar furniture layout.

Thanks!

Mike

Nope. DW leaves the bathroom light on and sometimes we put a LED tea light on the floor outside the bathroom (the battery lasts a couple of weeks if your turn it off during the day).

There's a shaver outlet built into the bathroom light fixture which seems tempting for a nightlight but it is only powered when the bathroom light is on.

In the UK you can buy plug in night lights for children. We leave one in our suitcase in case its needed, although we find lots of hotels we have stayed at do have a 'night' light in the bathroom.

I have found the issue with plug-in night lights is that many/most cruise bathrooms do not have a plug for them. The only plug is for a shaver and as the previous poster mentioned, it is usually only powered when the overhead light is on. Also, they are labeled "FOR SHAVERS ONLY" and I've always been concerned about creating a fire risk.

As has been said, the power in the bathroom is off unless the very bright bathroom light is on. We bought a flashlight in Eddie Bauer that has a pull out end which provides a very diffuse light. We leave it in one of the wire soap holders and just turn that on and off for nighttime visits. That of course presupposes that we can find the bathroom. Perhaps the tea light outside?

I have found the issue with plug-in night lights is that many/most cruise bathrooms do not have a plug for them. The only plug is for a shaver and as the previous poster mentioned, it is usually only powered when the overhead light is on. Also, they are labeled "FOR SHAVERS ONLY" and I've always been concerned about creating a fire risk.
We have a plug light (bought in th UK) which fits into the shaver plug. Have been using it on board for years. We haven't been on QM2 yet but on both QE and QV the plug light stays on all night without the bathroom light being on. We also have a 3 pin plug light in the main cabin.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

Having a small flashlight at your bedside ( that you brought from home ) is not an option ?

We always travel with a nightlight, but after discovering it was of no use in the bathrooms on the QM2 we travel with small "flashlights". They come in very handy to guide us safely to the "loo" in hotels as well as on ships. The ones we have use AAA batteries which last for a long time.

We always travel with a nightlight, but after discovering it was of no use in the bathrooms on the QM2 we travel with small "flashlights". They come in very handy to guide us safely to the "loo" in hotels as well as on ships. The ones we have use AAA batteries which last for a long time.

I always put my electric toothbrush on charge overnight in the ensuite.

The 'on' indicator light provides enough light in the area and negates disturbing my wife with other lights.