Ocean Blue Restaurant question...

bobvila

Hello All,

I will cruise on the Gateway boat this spring for 7 days and I had a 3 Speciality Dinner Plan included.

I read that I have to pay a fee of an additional up-charge of $15 for Ocean Blue Restaurant (not part of Speciality Restaurant). Since the menu is 'À la Carte', does it mean that we have to pay fee also for Appetizers, Mains and Dessert or everything is included for $ 15 fees?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

According to the Terms & Conditions, the only thing you are limited on is the number of entrees -- one. There is no mention of the number of appetizers or desserts.

At certain specialty restaurants, we have been told that there are limits, but they've never been an issue for us. However, I do have the T&C printed out for our upcoming cruise.

I was just on the breakaway about a month ago and used the dining package on Ocean Blue. $15 upcharge and so insanely worth it. Unlimited appetizers (we got 5 and nobody said anything), both got 1 entree (the lobster is incredible), and ordered 3 desserts, which again nobody said anything about. Bill came to 0 dollars and 0 cents!

I was just on the breakaway about a month ago and used the dining package on Ocean Blue. $15 upcharge and so insanely worth it. Unlimited appetizers (we got 5 and nobody said anything), both got 1 entree (the lobster is incredible), and ordered 3 desserts, which again nobody said anything about. Bill came to 0 dollars and 0 cents!

Thanks for the review!! We hope to eat here for our anniversary dinner on our September Cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In past cruises there were exceptions to what could be ordered, from these posts it sounds like a change has been made, if so I am thrilled to learn this for our upcoming cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of December on the BA, the only exception I was told by the host ( and it is in the FAQ's) is the Seafood Extravaganza.

Here is a menu.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/222_ocean_blue.pdf

I just spent an amazing hour with a nice glass of wine reading your review and taking in each and every detail. It was wonderful!

Thank you.

We spend enough time hanging out on these forums that we know the questions that come up over and over. “E.g., Does anyone have a menu for Ocean Blue”. “Can I get real Coke in the terminal”. And try to live post that kind of information whilst on our cruises.

We’ll live post from the Allure of the Seas and the Norwegian Escape over the next couple of months, then the Norwegian Bliss to Alaska.

Thank you.

We spend enough time hanging out on these forums that we know the questions that come up over and over. “E.g., Does anyone have a menu for Ocean Blue”. “Can I get real Coke in the terminal”. And try to live post that kind of information whilst on our cruises.

We’ll live post from the Allure of the Seas and the Norwegian Escape over the next couple of months, then the Norwegian Bliss to Alaska.

I am really looking forward to your Bliss to Alaska posts!

What type of cabin will you be in? We will be on the Bliss after you out of Miami, and then hoping to be on the Bliss to Alaska the following year.

We always love your posts....very helpful to all of us. Hope you have great cruises! :cool:

• 5 months later...