Just booked HOS for 2019, a few questions.

mondas42

Hi

We are all very excited even though this won’t happen until July 2019,but yesterday we booked a special holiday. As my wife is 50 and our daughter turns 18, we thought we would book something special. We have never been to the States before, so we have booked a 14 night package, one week in Orlando followed by a 7 night cruise on Harmony from Port Canaveral to the East Caribbean. Very excited but also a tad nervous about driving in the U.S.

I have a few questions, some about the ship, but some I hope my American friends can help us with.

Can we buy Wow bands on Harmony, do we prebook them or get them on board?

We haven’t been on a RCI ship since Splendour in 2014, what has changed if anything?

What can we do in CocoCay? Are the beach loungers free? Is there food on the resort or do we have to go back to the ship at lunch time?

Our package includes car hire and we have to drive to the port after our week in Orlando. We drop of the car in the Alamo lot near the port. How do we get from Alamo to the ship?

Any advice for a Brit driving for the first time in the USA?

Thanks so much.

Martin

Merritt Island and Coco Beach is pretty easy driving not much Traffic. Orlando a whole different animal. The drive from Orlando to Port is very easy. You take 528 and 417 directly into Port Canaveral both toll roads. But won't be any Traffic until you hit Orlando.

Merritt Island and Coco Beach is pretty easy driving not much Traffic. Orlando a whole different animal. The drive from Orlando to Port is very easy. You take 528 and 417 directly into Port Canaveral both toll roads. But won't be any Traffic until you hit Orlando.

Oh, toll roads? Ok tell me more, we don’t have toll roads in the UK. How expensive are they? How do you pay? Thanks.

Oh, toll roads? Ok tell me more, we don’t have toll roads in the UK. How expensive are they? How do you pay? Thanks.

Each toll stop is $1 or $1.50, 4 or 5 stops. You can pay cash or charge to rental car transponder. For cash, they have attended toll booths where you get change. There are also exact change lanes.

When we came onboard, we could buy wow bands just after the area where you get on the ship.

I haven’t been to cocoa cay in years, but their other private “island” labadee has a free lunch buffet and bars. Drink packages give you free drinks there.

I love Harmony! One difference is that you should probably book your entertainment in advance (you do this in your planner). Also, you can do mytime or a set time for dining. You can book your mytime dining in advance, to minimize wait times. Also, there are drink packages now- you can do the math to see if they are a good deal for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums