Seaside - Life after 10pm?

BostonGal35

Desperately trying to find out if the ship is dead after 10pm or if there are dance parties, activities, etc.? when ive inquired on some other pages, i get a lot of "oh, we are in bed by 9pm so i cant comment". i worry that the ship will contain an older demographic due to what i perceive as a much more formal line than NCL.

I am booked on this ship for September (Yacht Club), but we are seriously reconsidering booking Haven on NCL Getaway instead. I am not concerned about food or service with MSC, but we are concenred about it being stuffy, too formal, having to dress up more than we would like (for my fiance, khakis and a polo is the most he wants to dress up on vacation).

Hi

I found life past 10 very boring. We had the 8:30 MDR seating so we would be out at around 9:45 or so. There were parties or shows past that time, but by 10:30 or 11, most were over or dead. I stayed at the white party until probably 11 because I found the music just terrible. They did some sort of ¨travel the world playing one song from each country¨ type of thing. It was all about group dancing to stuff like Macarena, Cha cha slide and the likes. Very old music. Lots of people seemed to enjoy themselves though.

Went a couple of times to the Garage disco and it was either dead, or also playing terrible music. The SoBe bar had very good music but everybody would just be sitting drinking / smoking so it was not very lively or entertaining.

As for the dress code, I did find people to be more dressy than any other cruise I´ve been on, which I enjoyed cause I like dressing up when on vacation, and I don´t mean suit and tie but mostly designer gear that I don´t get to wear when I´m home. Your fiance will fit just right in in khakis and polos which a lot of gentleman were using, that will be fine. It was a more dressy ship yes but not to the extremes. For dinner I didn´t see men in tuxedos but did´t see any on flip flops and a St Thomas t-shirt either haha.

Not sure if you have been on the NCL Getaway or not but we have sailed her twice over the past couple of years. My DH isn't a fan of dressing up while on vacation either so NCL was perfect for that. There was also a ton to do late night - Howl at the Moon was awesome and so much fun. We have decided to give Seaside a try and we are looking very forward to it. Sorry that I can't answer your question about Seaside but I can recommend the Getaway for late night fun.:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure if you have been on the NCL Getaway or not but we have sailed her twice over the past couple of years. My DH isn't a fan of dressing up while on vacation either so NCL was perfect for that. There was also a ton to do late night - Howl at the Moon was awesome and so much fun. We have decided to give Seaside a try and we are looking very forward to it. Sorry that I can't answer your question about Seaside but I can recommend the Getaway for late night fun.:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

MSC is European Cruise line. Thats why the ships do not leave Miami until 7pm, giving Europeans the time to fly into Miami and make it on the ship.I talked to various MSC Miami reps USA and they are briefed incorrectly as to whats going on with the ship.If we want traditional cruising such as NCL, Carnival, RCCL,Celebrity, Princess, Holland America, we will have to go back to those line, MSC wants more North Americans sailing, but they will not change their niche.Reps informed me they received a letter last week stating the smell has been fixed. MSC will attract the people who can adjust to their way of cruising, the rest of us will go back to the other cruise line. MSC will not be a threat to the other cruise line.Everyone please enjoy your cruise with MSC, if you do not like what they are doing do not book with MSC again. A bad day of cruising is better than a good day at work.

Desperately trying to find out if the ship is dead after 10pm or if there are dance parties, activities, etc.? when ive inquired on some other pages, i get a lot of "oh, we are in bed by 9pm so i cant comment". i worry that the ship will contain an older demographic due to what i perceive as a much more formal line than NCL.

I am booked on this ship for September (Yacht Club), but we are seriously reconsidering booking Haven on NCL Getaway instead. I am not concerned about food or service with MSC, but we are concenred about it being stuffy, too formal, having to dress up more than we would like (for my fiance, khakis and a polo is the most he wants to dress up on vacation).

Lots activities after 10pm and you dress as you please, you don't have to be formal.