upset with univorld and haven't even travelled yet

stillhott

Recently booked round trip Cairo for December 2018. Was told all inclusive, in fact, that was used as a sales pitch when I originally contacted Uniworld. Turns out, in the small print, after booking and non refundable deposit, no wine or alcohol is included in Egypt. The only itinerary it is not included, BTW. On AMA, they don't own their Russia ship, but, wine was still included, so that's not a good excuse. The tips are also not included.

Contacted them about a pre or post cruise hotel/tour add on. The precruise hotel is not a bargain. Usually, when added on, the rate is better then I can get at discount travel sites. I was told it included nothing, but, turns out, breakfast is included.

The Alexandria add on tour is not offered unless you ask, I found out about it on this site, thanks to a posting about the same trip from a few weeks ago.

I thought Uniworld was supposed to offer such exceptional, high end service. So far, not impessed. Viking has been better.

We really want to enjoy this trip, hate starting with a negative attitude.

When you contacted them, they should have explained the differences. It's not just Uniworld that's different as all river cruise lines have idiosyncrasies and substantive policy and inclusiveness difference once outside of the main body of Europe. I believe that on Viking you cannot charge tips on your credit card in Portugal for example. As you are a Uniworld newbie, the sales rep should have been especially clear with you about differences on their Egyptian offering.

I agree that Uniworld should make it clearer that alcohol and tips are not included. It's in their Terms and Conditions but it should be part of the trip descriptions. We just returned from Egypt and you will have a wonderful trip. Alcohol purchased on the ship was reasonable.Please read the review I posted at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2589498. Your pre-cruise material from Uniworld which you can download is very specific as to tip amounts and we prepared those amounts before we left home. The Egypt trips are run in partnership with Spring Tours. You might want to contact them before you make your plane and additional hotel reservations to find out about any additional tours that might be available. Uniworld booked us at the Four Seasons which was a wonderful hotel and you might want to book your additional days there so you don't have to change hotels. From the moment you step off the airplane, Uniworld will be taking care of you. Don't let these initial concerns upset you. You'll have a great trip.

However, Uniworld in no longer offering the 5% discount for previous clients for 2019.

Booked 7 day Rhine cruise...100pp discount

Nile cruise, 400pp discount.

Very disappointed.

On Egypt cruise confirmed beer/wine with lunch and dinner. Other times and other drinks must be paid for.