Air2 sea seat questions

donnawoz

Flying out of SFO using air2sea last cruise I was able to pick my United seats going to Venice, but not on the codeshared Lufthansa return flights, for that I had to log in 24 hr.s before (sort of ala SW.) It worked out (I picked my night before flying Venice hotel in part based on reviews of the WIFI.) This year air2sea SFO to FCO (Rome) was again a United going/Lufthansa back, I again had a United seat assigned but no Lufthansa, but I was pleased to see that I was able to log on to the Lufthansa site and pay $35 to pick a seat for the long flight from Europe to SFO unlike last time. The thought of being in one of those very middle seats on one of those monster planes for so many hours was daunting!

• 1 month later...

We did Air2Sea for our upcoming Brilliance OTS. We were able to pick our seats going non stop from EWR to AMS on United. But we were unable to pick our seats from AMS to Zurich on Swiss Air then Zurich to EWR on United. We were told we would get seat assignments when we check in at AMS. Any ideas on how to get around this. We would really like to pick out seats on the return from AMS - Zurich - Newark.

We did Air2Sea for our upcoming Brilliance OTS. We were able to pick our seats going non stop from EWR to AMS on United. But we were unable to pick our seats from AMS to Zurich on Swiss Air then Zurich to EWR on United. We were told we would get seat assignments when we check in at AMS. Any ideas on how to get around this. We would really like to pick out seats on the return from AMS - Zurich - Newark.

I'd contact the airline. Some fares do not allow seat reservations in advance. Some fares have an upcharge for advance seat reservations. The airline should be able to tell you the rules and options for the fare that was purchased by Air2Sea.

We booked Air2Sea through our TA for our domestic flights through Delta and requested the comfort plus and aisle seats and she got them for us. Switching airlines makes it tough, especially if they are continuing flights.

We always book Sea2Air and then go to the airline website and pay the $$$ to upgrade to premium economy and then select our seats. Last year on the non-stop ATL to BCN it was $99.

Was it actual "Premium economy," or just economy+/economy comfort? $99 seems awfully cheap for a buy-up to actual premium economy.

But we were unable to pick our seats from AMS to Zurich on Swiss Air.....We were told we would get seat assignments when we check in at AMS. Any ideas on how to get around this.

It is common for European carriers to allow no advance seat selection on intra-European flights, which would include the AMS-Zurich leg, unless you are booked in business class.

Was it actual "Premium economy," or just economy+/economy comfort? $99 seems awfully cheap for a buy-up to actual premium economy.

Delta has 3 categories on its 330 Airbus, Delta One (first/business), Comfort +, and Economy. The upgrade actually was from Economy to Comfort +.

It is common for European carriers to allow no advance seat selection on intra-European flights, which would include the AMS-Zurich leg, unless you are booked in business class.

Thanks for the info on intra-Euro flights. But I cannot get seat assignments for our flight from Zurich to Newark. When I called United about the flight from Zurich to EWR, they said Swiss Air would give us seat assignments when we check in at AMS.

Looking for some reassurance. We just booked a flight from DFW to Barcelona with a stop in DC. It’s a United flight and categorized as United Economy. I’m hoping this is considered economy and not basic economy because in reading baggage rules, it says no carry on luggage allowed with basic economy. I’m assuming we will be allowed a checked bag and a carry on with this fare?

Anyone have experience with SAS? How tight are their seats? Their upgrade fees are terrible! Thanks in advance.

Flew them last year, premium economy from EWR to CPH after a UA flight SAN to EWR. Nice airline, very comfortable, good lounge in EWR, friendly people. Would fly them again.Can't telly you about regular coach though. Looked pretty tight.

Thanks for the info on intra-Euro flights. But I cannot get seat assignments for our flight from Zurich to Newark. When I called United about the flight from Zurich to EWR, they said Swiss Air would give us seat assignments when we check in at AMS.

Swiss charges for ANY seat assignment - you have to call them and pay to get assignments ahead of time.

Delta has 3 categories on its 330 Airbus, Delta One (first/business), Comfort +, and Economy. The upgrade actually was from Economy to Comfort +.

Ah, so not true premium economy. Makes sense since it was only $99 to upgrade. Big difference between premium economy and comfort+!

Also Delta Comfort+ have better snacks on both Domestic and International compare to Economy. They offer the same snacks that they offered to First Class, which is significantly better than the compimentary snacks offered in Economy. Also on international flights, Comfort+ get a very basic amenity kit. It's kind of worth it.

Also Delta Comfort+ have better snacks on both Domestic and International compare to Economy. They offer the same snacks that they offered to First Class, which is significantly better than the compimentary snacks offered in Economy. Also on international flights, Comfort+ get a very basic amenity kit. It's kind of worth it.

While I haven't flown DL Comfort + internationally, I can tell you from experience that the snacks offered are inconsistent on domestic flights. Usually I see the same snacks offered as what is offered to regular economy; rarely the full F snack basket, at least on shorter domestic itineraries. You do get free alcoholic drinks on domestic flights in C+ (everyone gets them on international, so it's not really a benefit there) but you have to weigh the upgrade cost vs. just buying a drink or two a la carte. $99 would buy quite a few gin and tonics a la carte, LOL. As for the basic amenity kit, again- you have to weigh the actual value vs. what you could easily bring onboard yourself. Is $99 worth it? That will depend on the individual person.