Cruises aimed for high school leavers 16-18 year old in Australia

megsie

RCI has 3 specific cruises being advertised through an agency as ‘Schoolies Cruises’. In the advertising specifically for 16 -18 year old high school leavers with special events etc.

We have for quite sometime had an extended family booking, from 3yrs - to 70 years, on one of these cruises.

We possibly might cancel but are not happy as work arrangements have been made as well as our booking being made early to get a good price for the group.

No other cruise line allows or advertises for schoolies cruises in Australia because of previous problems. Not always by the school leavers but the hanger on types that are attracted.

I’m at a loss as why RCI would do this. I have no problems with the kids as most are very hard working/studying good kids but as long as there is adult supervision. The allowable drinking age in Australia is 18.

I have heard bookings are being made without the required responsible over 21 person in the room.

We will wait a couple of months before making a final decision and enquire how many schoolies will be onboard. Maybe being overly concerned.🤔