Cucina Del Capitano Dress Code

robin16ak

Hello,

We have a cruise on the Breeze coming up in March. Our three kids are coming this time and we are skipping formal nights to save room in our luggage. We think we'd still like to go to the Italian restaurant one evening. The Carnival website FAQ doesn't list a dress code for this place (just Steakhouse and MDR from what I could find). Would dark jeans and a button down or polo be appropriate for my husband at the Cucina restaurant? Khaki shorts and a button down ok for my 10 and 11 year old boys? The only speciality dining we've done is the Steakhouse and we obviously dressed up for that. Thanks for any help!

Hello,

We have a cruise on the Breeze coming up in March. Our three kids are coming this time and we are skipping formal nights to save room in our luggage. We think we'd still like to go to the Italian restaurant one evening. The Carnival website FAQ doesn't list a dress code for this place (just Steakhouse and MDR from what I could find). Would dark jeans and a button down or polo be appropriate for my husband at the Cucina restaurant? Khaki shorts and a button down ok for my 10 and 11 year old boys? The only speciality dining we've done is the Steakhouse and we obviously dressed up for that. Thanks for any help!

Yes, that’s absolutelt appropriate. We’ve done Cucina more times then I can count and have seen every type of attire. Enjoy the Breeze, she’s my favorite.

PS. Nonna’s Meatballs!

Hello,

Also keep in mind that the dark jeans and polo would be fine for elegant night as well. That way you don't have to skip it and can enjoy both venues.

"we are skipping formal nights to save room in our luggage"

no reason, first of all it's now Elegant night, not formal. I have not brought a jacket and tie for years. The only difference is long slacks for Elegant night, shorts on other MDR dinners

Thank you everyone for the quick replies! I found with our last cruises that even though we don't get super dressy for the elegant nights, we still end up bringing more to have dressier sandals, closed toe shoes for my husband and my boys, etc. It just seems to add up with five people cruising. Plus it seems wait time in the MDR on elegant nights is a bit longer, and my kids don't eat lobster and my husband makes better prime rib ;) We'll do Cucina one night and the MDR a night or two, but honestly we prefer the convenience of the Lido buffet when we cruise with the kids. I just had read a few reviews with pictures of the Cucina menus and it all sounds so good, I thought we could try that this time!

surfjock, thanks for the tip about the meatballs, we will definitely try them. We are looking forward to the Breeze for sure!