How bad should I be stressing about deck 7 on Jewel

nicsdad

I had no idea how bad the view was obstructed from the balconies on deck 7 on the Jewel when we booked a year ago. We would have picked a whole different deck if we knew this. Everytime I think about this I want to cry. There are no other rooms available for our sailing, so I can't even move. The closer we get to our sail date, the higher my blood pressure. If it really is that bad, I really think that somewhere on the website or booklets, they should let you know about this. Can anyone tell me how bad it is?

I had no idea how bad the view was obstructed from the balconies on deck 7 on the Jewel when we booked a year ago. We would have picked a whole different deck if we knew this. Everytime I think about this I want to cry. There are no other rooms available for our sailing, so I can't even move. The closer we get to our sail date, the higher my blood pressure. If it really is that bad, I really think that somewhere on the website or booklets, they should let you know about this. Can anyone tell me how bad it is?

Not sure what you mean by obstructed view...you mean because you can't look straight down at the water? I was on the Serenade (Radiance class just like Jewel) and had a cabin on deck 7. True enough, you can't look straight down at the water, but the rest of the view was not obstructed at all. What is your concern?

My wife is afraid of heights, so she LOVED that cabin. Plus...we were on the aft "bump" and our balcony was considerably larger than the rest.

Was on that deck on the Brilliance and have chosen it again for the Jewel!! You can't look straight down into the water, but so what? Don't stress yourself - sit in your chair, chill out with a drinkie - and enjoy watching the ocean - you will miss nothing!!! Gross exaggeration!!

Take a deep breath, now let it out......

The only view obstructed is that of the water directly below you. Other than that, everything else is fine. The balcony is plexiglass, so you can see straight out when sitting down and your view straight out is just fine. Hey, even if you are in a cabin on the decks above 7, if you are not on the hump you will still see the lifeboat covers. It's no big deal.

okay, yah...

It's like Ying and Yang to put the two words "obstructed" and "balcony" together....:)

I guess our balcony on deck 9 of the Serenade was obstructed...as we had a partial view of people's balconies on deck7....:rolleyes:

Big Deal........:cool:

Like previous poster said......the jack and coke while watching the sunset made that all a non issue!!!:D

This may make you feel better. If you look at your ship on the RCCL web site and click on state rooms, it tells what rooms have obstructed or partially obs views. I just checked and it shows a few rooms on decks 8 & 9 but nothing on 7. I just check balcony rooms but you can check any category.

Look at it this way - there aint no way in the world YOU are going to fall over!!! You could "crawl" over, but you are not going to fall....

Matter of fact, why not have some fun with it and take some pictures of yourselves standing on the railing and omit the "ground" so it looks like you are teetering right on the edge of the balcony!!!???

Look at it this way - there aint no way in the world YOU are going to fall over!!! You could "crawl" over, but you are not going to fall....

Matter of fact, why not have some fun with it and take some pictures of yourselves standing on the railing and omit the "ground" so it looks like you are teetering right on the edge of the balcony!!!???

I took a shot like that of my daughter on the Serenade!

Just off the Jewel this past weekend, stayed on deck seven. Prior to boarding ship I was concerned knowing that looking down my view would be obstructed. What I found was that it really didn't bother me as I looked out more than down. .

If the life boat cover would be considered as view obstruction as you can´t look down straight down to the sea, the vast majority of the balcony cabins on the Jewel and of course on all other Radiance class ships would have to be considered as obstructed view. Even the deck 8,9 and 10 cabins look down to the life boat cover. BTW most aft. cabins on most ships would be obstructed view too with this definition.

I guess that my idea of obstructed and most of yours is two different things. I find it very relaxing to look down at the sea moving by. Sorry!!!

I´m sorry but if this is your feeling you wouldn´t have ben better of by choosing a cabin on another deck. In this case your choice of a Radiance Class Ship was the wrong one.

On Radiance Class there are only some E1 in the front of the ship that have this and of course the few rooms on the hump.

Anyway I hope you can relax on your cruise and enjoy it.

I guess that my idea of obstructed and most of yours is two different things. I find it very relaxing to look down at the sea moving by. Sorry!!!

I've sailed the HAL Zuiderdam in a balcony where I could look down at the water. And I didn't really miss it on the Serenade...it was very relaxing to sit out on the balcony with a glass of wine and listen to the water. Besides, at night, you really can't see the water, obstructed view or not. And during the day...stroll down to the promenade deck. I enjoyed watching the flying fish and dolphins from that deck and there were oodles of deck chairs available.

I know what you mean, we had deck 8 on the Brilliance. Yes we were disappointed, BUT......we were on a cruise, had a balcony cabin to look out to the ocean and port, open the door at night to listen to the ocean, breakfast on our balcony, sunsets on our balcony...and so much more.

So I'd say don't stress, enjoy all the benefits of a balcony and enjoy your cruise!!!! :D

I have read all the post here, and followed all the links to all the pictures. I am sure you have too.

I assume you paid a lot of good money to go on this cruise. You know what your view will be. Why ruin a good trip before it even starts? Figure out what you can do to make the best of this and go with a positive attitude, or you are not going to have a good time. It is what it is. Walk into your cabin with a smile and enjoy yourself. Don't waste the money you paid for this cruise by wishing you were on a different ship. It is your money and your vacation. Make it valuable to you.

AZCruiser...You were disappointed by a balcony on Deck 8 on Brilliance? Why?:D I think the lifeboat covers are annoying, but they in no way impact your cruise or view. Never thought of standing on one for a photo op, of course I will also never look at them quite the same way after the honeymooner incident. We like those big balcony midship cabins on Radiance class.

And AZCruiser, you are in Surprise? My MIL just moved there with her RV and purchased an Arizona room at/near Happy Trails.:)

We had a junior suite on Deck 10 that had the overhang above it obstructing our view of the sun. Worst of all, there was a cigar smoker below and forward whose smoke kept blowing towards us. The overhang seemed to hold the smoke above us.

I'd would have preferred a blocked view below me than above me.

Can't have it all. I loved our suite and enjoyed this ship very much. I am considering booking it again for a Boston to Bermuda 5 night cruise Oct 26 since I just learned it has been chartered by a tour company.

Archived