Carnival did the right thing!!

Cruisin 4 Ever

My family booked a cruise for February 2016. MIL had to cancel as my FIL (who wasn't coming on the cruise) health deteriorated. She cancelled in October 2015 She had paid early saver with a $500 deposit. She received confirmation she had a $450 future cruise credit. Sadly, FIL passed away and she decided she would not cruise any longer and called and asked if she could transfer the credit to another person since her family continues to often cruise. She was told no.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago I booked a cruise and my PVP mentions how future cruise credits are transferrable. I was shocked. I called MIL and reconfirmed she had called and been told no. When you cancel you have 2 years from the date you cancel to use the credit. It was now three months past that date.

As per my PVP advice I submitted the form with an email explaining what happened since we had three cruises during the period the credit was valid.

I just opened my email and saw that we were credited the $450.

Way to go Carnival. I feel like our circumstances were listened to and they did the right thing.

It's so nice when a company shows a little compassion. We just had this with Delta. My husband's father was rushed to hospital last week, they thought he would die soon. His sister booked them tickets on Delta, but it was 2 flights and landed 3 hours away. They found direct flights on SW when they got to the airport. Keep in mind, this was Friday morning, in the middle of the snowstorm here in Chicago (they got out in Milwaukee). But anyway, Delta ticket agent told them to go get the tickets at SW and come back when they did. He refunded all their money! He even said there was no was someone would book tickets at 10 p.m. the night before a massive snowstorm unless it was an emergency! I made sure Delta knew how grateful my husband and his sister were!

I realize they probably hear a hundred sob stories every day, but it's nice when it works out for those who truly need it!

Is it possible that when the OPs MIL was told No 2 1/2 years ago, the answer was No.

Since then Carnival has changed the policy?

I don’t know, just asking if it’s possible

My PVP said it has been that way ever since she worked at Carnival which she said was 7 years.

It's nice to hear Carnival bent the rules and granted the credit. Hope you have a great cruise!

I don't see it as bending the rules because the first CSR incorrectly stated that the money was not transferable. The money could have been transferred and used within the 2 year period if the grandmother had been given the correct info from the beginning.