Crown and coke on balcony

adios

On our next cruise, we will have a balcony and my husband wants to sit there and sip crown and coke. I know I can bring a 12 pack on (1 per person or 1 per stateroom??)

How does he get his Crown? If we buy it on the boat in the shops, don't they hold it until the last night of the cruise?

pre-order a bottle from the fun-shops online. It's expensive compared to home liquor store prices but still less than than buying a drink at a time from the bar or buying Cheers. The bottles they hold are duty free and supposedly cheaper than home prices. I haven't looked lately but expect something in the 70~80 dollar range for a liter (not just a fifth). You pay the extra basically so you can drink it on board. Sip and enjoy!

Each person is allowed to bring 12 soft drinks 12 oz or less.

You may also purchase it by the can through room service.

As for the crown--Order a bottle through the funshop precruise or a bottle through room service (FYI- hubby paid $95 for a liter bottle of Crown).

You could also order and crown and coke thru room service or last idea is pick up a couple of shots from any bar and add it to your carry on coke.

You can buy Crown from Carnival Fun Shop now for delivery on the date you specify (be aware Texas has some archaic liquor laws that might affect that if you're cruising from there).

https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/454/crown-royal-whiskey

Also be aware you can usually buy bottled liquor onboard from room service for a similar price.

Carnival's soda carry-on policy states:

"A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person."

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise and enjoy your balcony!

$95 for a one liter bottle through The Fun Shops.

Not sure the service fee. But as a comparison, if your DH bought individual shots of Crown at a bar and hightailed it back to the room and poured a 1/2 can of coke into each, he'd pay around $180 for 24 drinks. You'd be better off with the liter bottle as that's about and many drinks as a liter can hold given a standard 1.5 oz pour. And of course he can be a bit more generous with his pours if he wants.

$95 for a one liter bottle through The Fun Shops.

We've ordered bottles on previous cruises from the Fun Shops before we sailed. It was waiting for us in our cabin when we boarded. You pay when you order.

For those who feel $95 per liter is high. Measure out a liter of water and see how many shots you get from it. You'll know if it's a good deal for you.

My husband enjoys Crown...to the point that we have Crown recipes taped on cupbards above the bar in our house. When I showed him the $95 bottle from the Fun Shops, he laughed and said there would be no way he’d spend that much!?!? Personally I’d rather not be stuck with feeling I had to drink just Crown because we purchased the bottle. I’d rather try the other delicious carnival drinks others have mentioned on this board. I actually have a bucket list of cocktails to try!