Segway Tour of San Juan - anybody book this?

Janie1229

Hi, I will be on the Adventure of the Seas this October with a stop in San Juan. I'd like to book a segway tour and wonder if anyone has used Segway Tours of San Juan?

I booked a similar excursion in Antigua and it was fantastic, after reading reviews here. No issue being picked up or getting back to ship on time.

Thanks!

It's been several years, but we've actually done the Segway tour twice in San Juan! It is a wonderful tour and a little bit challenging because of the steep hills and cobblestone streets. Hopefully more recent folks will chime in, but years ago...it was a great experience!

I did an evening tour and loved it. Having visited this port on several occasions we were looking for something different and this was a great tour. It was my first segway experience and it was great fun and I learned a lot about the city and it's history.

Thanks! I want to book the tour, but I also understand that they will cancel if they don't get at least 4 people. I hate taking a chance on it being canceled within a couple of days of going and then not being able to book an excursion doing something else with the ship.

I've posted a thread in the Roll Call section to see if anyone there is interested in also booking so we will have enough people.

• 3 months later...

Thanks. My friend and I are not yet 65 (but approaching sooner than I'd like!) and we were told they already have 2 people booked, so with our booking it satisfies the 4 person minimum - otherwise they cancel. Happy Cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of the best tours we did. We drove the segways along the waterfront and they would stop frequently at historic landmarks for a break. It included entrance into the fort as well. Make sure you wear tennis shoes because they were very strict about it. They are so easy to operate too and give you a quick course before you every leave their shop area. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
Be advised segway tours have a maximum age limit of 65.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I am over 65, and I did the Segway Tour in March of 18. I don’t remember them asking for our age. We really enjoyed the tour. We have done Segway tours in multiple cities and did find this one a bit challenging due to the traffic and cobblestones. There were 6 of us and youngest couple, prob in their 20’s had never used a Segway before and were very nervous and slowed the entire group down. Jose, the guide, did the best he could with them and spent a lot of time working w them. He made our tour longer to make up for the time lost.

We were looking at a segway tour, I don't know if it's the same company or not. Pretty sure we are going to do it, I can report back after March 6 when we get home.

So, how did it go? Did they ask your age?