Cruise next question.

cruisinmeme

i remember we were told you can use one certificate per cabin unless you book balcony or greater you can use two certicates. What I don't remember is if you book a 5 day and book balcony can you still use two certificates??

Six days or longer (yes, it had formerly been 5 day cruises)!

So I read through everything and I’m still confused. If I spend $2k on Haven deposits, I get $500 OBC - but I get the same $500 OBC for $1k in balcony and lower deposits? Do I have the option of doing the balcony & lower deposits, but then using them towards haven if I change my mind, or am I just stuck with a much worse deal for Haven?

So I read through everything and I’m still confused. If I spend $2k on Haven deposits, I get $500 OBC - but I get the same $500 OBC for $1k in balcony and lower deposits? Do I have the option of doing the balcony & lower deposits, but then using them towards haven if I change my mind, or am I just stuck with a much worse deal for Haven?

You can use the regular FCC’s but you have to pay the deposit difference at time of booking. Example...Haven deposit is $1500.00, you use one Haven FCC $0.00 additional deposit needed. If you use a $250 regular FCC you must now also pay $1250 additional deposit.

You can use the regular FCC’s but you have to pay the deposit difference at time of booking. Example...Haven deposit is $1500.00, you use one Haven FCC $0.00 additional deposit needed. If you use a $250 regular FCC you must now also pay $1250 additional deposit.

So now I'm even more confused (excuse me, it's early!!)

Let's say I don't want to book during the cruise.

1. I buy $2k in FCC for haven. I pay $1500 to NCL, with the $500 OBC applied to the balance. At some point in the future I get $1k credit towards each of two Haven bookings. Right?

2. I buy $1k in balcony credit. I pay $500 to NCL, with the $500 OBC applied to the balance. At some point in the future I get $500 credit towards each of two balcony bookings.

Do I have that right? So buying FCC not for Haven is a much better deal by far, if I'm right....but then can I use the $1k in balcony FCC towards a Haven booking in the future?

What am I missing here?

Let me clarify.

Let's say I don't want to book during the cruise.

1. I buy $2k in FCC for haven. I pay $1500 to NCL, with the $500 OBC applied to the balance. At some point in the future I get $1k credit towards each of two Haven bookings. Right? My net cost for $2k credit is $1500, or $750/$1k credit.

2. I buy $1k in balcony credit. I pay $500 to NCL, with the $500 OBC applied to the balance. At some point in the future I get $500 credit towards each of two balcony bookings. My net cost for $1k credit is $500, or $500/$1k credit.

So by buying Haven credit I'm paying $250 more per $1k credit than I am for balcony: Haven $750/$1k, balcony $500/$1k

Do I have that right? So buying FCC not for Haven is a much better deal by far, if I'm right....but then can I use the $1k in balcony FCC towards a Haven booking in the future?

What am I missing here?

Tha Haven deposit will cost $400. It will be a $500 Haven deposit and can be used as the full deposit for a Haven suite. Savings upfront is $100. The bonus is if placing a deposit on a Haven suite on a sailing that is far off you’re only paying $400 for a $500 deposit instead of the $1500 Ncl typically requires for a Haven deposit. You only save $100 upfront but if sailing is in two years you get to keep your extra $1100 till final payment instead of giving it to Ncl a year or two in advance.

The $250 deposit is a better deal if you can use (2) for one stateroom. But if you’re planning a cruise say two years in advance, the Haven deposit only ties up $400 (1 Haven deposit) for a $500 required Haven deposit till final payment. With the (2)$250 deposits you will need to place a total of $1250 for a $1500 Haven deposit. That’s (2) $250 deposits that you purchased for $250 but are worth $500 plus an additional $1k for the total of $1500 deposit.

The maximum number of cruise next deposits allowed for 6+ night sailings is (2) per cabin but you run the risk of them only allowing you to apply (1) of the $250 credits. If you can only apply one $250 credit for a Haven deposit you will pay $1250 deposit and use the one $250 deposit you got at a discount for a total of $1500.

Edited by littlelulu01

Tha Haven deposit will cost $400. It will be a $500 Haven deposit and can be used as the full deposit for a Haven suite. Savings upfront is $100. The bonus is if placing a deposit on a Haven suite on a sailing that is far off you’re only paying $400 for a $500 deposit instead of the $1500 Ncl typically requires for a Haven deposit. You only save $100 upfront but if sailing is in two years you get to keep your extra $1100 till final payment instead of giving it to Ncl a year or two in advance.

The $250 deposit is a better deal if you can use (2) for one stateroom. But if you’re planning a cruise say two years in advance, the Haven deposit only ties up $400 (1 Haven deposit) for a $500 required Haven deposit till final payment. With the (2)$250 deposits you will need to place a total of $1250 for a $1500 Haven deposit. That’s (2) $250 deposits that you purchased for $250 but are worth $500 plus an additional $1k for the total of $1500 deposit.

The maximum number of cruise next deposits allowed for 6+ night sailings is (2) per cabin but you run the risk of them only allowing you to apply (1) of the $250 credits. If you can only apply one $250 credit for a Haven deposit you will pay $1250 deposit and use the one $250 deposit you got at a discount for a total of $1500.

OK, I see - it's buying a "reduced deposit". For me I don't know yet when I will sail next, and I'm willing to tie up an additional $850 for the additional $250 return, it's a nice ROI.

thanks for the explanation.

OK, I see - it's buying a "reduced deposit". For me I don't know yet when I will sail next, and I'm willing to tie up an additional $850 for the additional $250 return, it's a nice ROI.

thanks for the explanation.

If planning on using a $250 cruise next deposit for a Haven suite you’re going to be tying up a lot more than $850.

You can’t take (4) $250 cruise next certificates and place them as a deposit on one Haven suite. You can take one $250 cruise next deposit and place it as a partial deposit on a future Haven sailing, 6+ nights, and then put an additional $1250 cash to secure the $1500 deposit. Sometimes, but not always you may be able to use (2) $250 cruise next deposits for one stateroom but even if that’s available you are still going to need to put 1k cash to make up the difference. Since you don’t know when next sailing is, don’t bank on ability to use 2 cruise next certificates on one stateroom. It’s not the roi that you are thinking it is. If you have 2 cruises planned in balcony staterooms over the next year or two then purchase of 2 cruise next deposits will save you $250. You’ll get 2 deposits each worth $250 for a cost of $250. Again, since you don’t have a date in mind, don’t bank on even being able to use (2) certificates on one stateroom even if it’s non Haven.