Questions re: Malaga

bldsld

Can anybody recommend a good hotel in Malaga? Also, we would like to hire a driver to take us to the Alhambra (Granada) for a day trip. Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Denyse

Can anybody recommend a good hotel in Malaga? Also, we would like to hire a driver to take us to the Alhambra (Granada) for a day trip. Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Denyse

Hi Denise - it's Sue. Are you planning ahead for Malaga for the Legend crossing next November? We are going to be on that too. Norm posted a thread about Malaga hotels etc. at the beginning of December and I've been studying all the replies. There seem a couple of good hotel recommendations including a parador outside of town which we are considering. Someone said that you can get a train from Malaga directly to Granada but we would probably get a car. We had a private car a couple of years ago when we were there but Seabourn arranged that as it was the mid day between two cruises and we were staying on. Then once before we went with a Seabourn coach tour so don't know what we will do this time if we decide to go up there. (Definitely the private car was better as the coach trip is a bit long and you don't have the chance of just zipping back to the boat when you've had enough). I'd quite like to see a bit more of Malaga which seems very interesting. One word of warning - one of the times I had my pocket picked in Granada - there are loads of gypsies in the streets trying to sell you things with loads of lightfingered children with them. Luckily all they got was my Seabourn boarding card as Jeff was carrying any cash - and Seabourn did kindly let me back on the ship without it!! I bet the gypsies were disappointed with the contents of my seabourn "wallet". I am really looking forward to that trip - Sue:D

Hi,

I'm leaving tonight for Malaga. We are staying in an apt. in Benalmadena but spending New Years Eve in Malaga at the Larios. It is a great hotel and within walking distance to Picasso Museum, Cathedral, shops, restaurants, etc. I think you will like it. The Parado is beautiful, its sits on a hill outside of town. I personally like to walk out my door to everything.

I met an excellent tour guide when I was on Seabourn in April but he must have changed his email address as my emails to him have gone unanswered. We do everything on our own I just wanted to pick his brain for restaurants.

If I find nay exciting information I'll post on my return after New Years.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all the Seabourn CC family.

Cheers.

Archived