Teppanyaki questions

Moomduck1

Hi

I have an odd question. If one orders lobster, will the lobster be live or will it already be in pieces? We are traveling with someone who is a vegetarian. She will freak if a live lobster is killed right in front of her. We wouldn't order it, but as we are a party of four I'm assuming we will be sitting with strangers who might order it. Thank you.

Actually, I wasn’t really thinking properly when I replied, but it actually doesn’t come out at all these days. You get Shrimp now, not Lobster.

Isn't lobster gone from teppanyaki? I think it's shrimp now. It was 6 months ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They had lobster last week on the Epic. It is served as a combo with shrimp and calamari. Here is the current menu from last week

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/18372__Teppanyaki%20Breakaway%20web.pdf

They had lobster last week on the Epic. It is served as a combo with shrimp and calamari. Here is the current menu from last week

I’ve not heard reports of lobster being available for quite a while, so I suspect that’s a fairly recent change.

Your link didn’t work for me. Is it shrimp or lobster that you can get with the steak on that menu? Personally, I prefer shrimp but I imagine some people will be happy if they change that back to lobster.

I’ve not heard reports of lobster being available for quite a while, so I suspect that’s a fairly recent change.

Your link didn’t work for me. Is it shrimp or lobster that you can get with the steak on that menu? Personally, I prefer shrimp but I imagine some people will be happy if they change that back to lobster.

Actually, it is Lobster, SEA SCALLOPS and Calamari. I just looked again and I am wrong, for some reason I typed shrimp, nmybrain in action lol.

They still offer fillet mignon and jumbo shrimp. I went for the sea scallops and jumbo shrimp.

The link is in PDF form so maybe that is why not working for you. If you go to NCL website they have the current menu, that is where the link is from.

Here is a copy of the menu now on the Epic:

FIRST COURSE

Miso Soup and Seaweed Salad with Ginger Dressing

MAIN COURSE

Select your choice of one of our Teppanyaki Classics or Combination Main Courses. All choices are served with Garlic Fried Rice

and Japanese Teppanyaki Vegetables with our Onion or Creamy Mustard Dipping Sauces

TEPPANYAKI CLASSICS

Chicken Yakiudon

- Hibachi Chicken, Udon Noodles

Vegetable Yakiudon

- Seasonal Vegetables, Udon Noodles

*Seafood

- Lobster, Sea Scallops, Calamari

*Filet Mignon

- Beef Tenderloin

Vegetable

- Teriyaki Tofu, Seasonal Vegetables

*TEPPANYAKI COMBINATIONS

Samurai

- Chicken and Jumbo Shrimp

Land and Sea

- Filet Mignon and Jumbo Shrimp

Shogun

- Steak and Chicken Breast

Shinto

- Sea Scallops and Jumbo Shrimp

DESSERT

Choose one of the following:

Green Tea Cake

- Cashew Nut Brittle

Fresh Fruit Sashimi

- Selection of Delicately Sliced Exotic Fruits

$25 Cover Charge Applies.

Your check may reflect applicable VAT for certain ports or itineraries.

If you have any type of food allergy, please advise your server before ordering.

*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, seafood, shellfish, eggs, milk or poultry may increase your risk of food borne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.

That's interesting and it must be a very recent change.. We were on the Star on a PC cruise in December and then on the Jade a few weeks ago (Jan 22 cruise) and there was only shrimp on the menu on both cruises. Here's a picture of the menu we had on both cruises.

20utmrd.jpg

That menu is from 2012... if you look at the lower right corner it says 1/12.. lobster has been gone for at least 2 years, but that's on the breakaway

That menu is from 2012... if you look at the lower right corner it says 1/12.. lobster has been gone for at least 2 years, but that's on the breakaway

I was just on the Epic last week and there was lobster on the menu, maybe just a trial? I even asked my spouse and they said I am correct, there was lobster. Strange

I was just on the Epic last week and there was lobster on the menu, maybe just a trial? I even asked my spouse and they said I am correct, there was lobster. Strange

I will be on the Epic at the end of March. I'm excited to hear you say that the lobster is still be served in Teppanyaki! Anybody know if they are serving it at Cagney's also?

Thanks.

I assume the link didn’t work for me as I am in the UK. It doesn’t let us through to the US site these days.

Your link worked perfectly! Thank you!! Any chance you have other menus as well? :)

I will be on the Epic at the end of March. I'm excited to hear you say that the lobster is still be served in Teppanyaki! Anybody know if they are serving it at Cagney's also?

This was my lobster at Cagney’s in 2016 on Breakaway.

d0d4e8986d3adba06385e961a85a6993.jpg

We cruised again in 2017 and no lobster at Cagney’s but I believe we got lobster at Teppanyaki’s as a combination both years.

Do teppanyaki restaurants in the US typically have live lobsters that they kill in front of you? Seems to me that most people wouldn't like that, and not just the vegetarians. Anyway, the cruise fare you pay on NCL, and the cover charge at Teppanyaki, is nowhere near high enough for there to be live lobsters. If you're very lucky, you might get dead, thawed-out lobsters.

The most gruesome thing I can think of on board, foodwise, is when they have whole roasted piglets in the buffet, with the head. The OP might want to warn their vegetarian friend to steer clear of that.