Dress Code - Either Enforce it of Forget It

Djptcp

"Enforce it ! Or forget it ? .....FORGET IT. Us "rebels" are going to dinner in our Caribbean comfort clothes. Too damn warm for me to "dress up" to satisfy a few. Shorts & nice shirt is plenty.

"Enforce it ! Or forget it ? .....FORGET IT. Us "rebels" are going to dinner in our Caribbean comfort clothes. Too damn warm for me to "dress up" to satisfy a few. Shorts & nice shirt is plenty.

It is your vacation after all.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is pretty minimal. A guy could bring one pair of khakis and a few polo shirts and be good to go all week. That's not packing that much!

This is our thought. I absolutely HATE wearing suits. I used to wear them every day to work when I was a corporate drone. These days, now that i work for a homeless charity, it’s collared shirts and clean (no rips, tears or fades) jeans or chinos. Takes up the same space in our luggage as shorts and T-shirt’s. No big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is pretty minimal. A guy could bring one pair of khakis and a few polo shirts and be good to go all week. That's not packing that much!

Exactly what I pack , although 2 shirts are button down tropical look.

Don't have a problem with nice shorts and nice shirt for non-Elegant nights. It's the guys who wear grubby shorts and sleeveless t-shirts and hats to dinner that seem so inappropriate. Face it, it's not the buff guys wearing those t-shirts either. What's with keeping hats on? Just trying to hide your bald spots? Who cares - just leave the hats off.

DJ, it isnt remotely hard to comply with Carnivals dress code rules. Look around the MDR on any given night and the vast majority are dressed that exceeds the dress code. Now, there is the small percent of the cruise population that are ignorant/entitled/trashy (combination of the 3 perhaps). That they "wanna do what i wanna do" or i love the line of "its my vacation, i paid my money, nobody tells me what i do". I cannot believe the line of "I didnt know the dress code rules", especially on Elegant evenings. You mean you come out of your room in a t shirt and gym shorts, seeing the overwhelming majority of others in long pants, collared shirts, suits and in some cases tuxes and didnt realize you arent dressed appropriately? I aint buying that. I hear some people say "well my husband doesnt own dress pants"....lol, seriously? my answer to that is "Go out and buy a pair....if you cant afford a pair of $20 dress pants, you probably shouldnt be cruising and saving your money"

I do agree with you. To an extent. I also believe in, “what they wear doesn’t impact my own vacation even slightly”. They want to wear cargo shorts and a wife beater? Cool. It’s not going to make my meal taste worse. Or the company I’m with less interesting. Or my night less romantic. Or my enjoyment less enjoyable.

If you’re going to let others impact your vacation for whatever reason, well.... that’s on you. Don’t look at them. They’re having fun. I suggest you do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums