What size are the water bottles at the bar?

geegee1

I know that if you pre-purchase the water package they sell you the 1 liter bottles of Aquafina, for about $2/bottle.

What size are the water bottles that they sell at the bars? Are they Aquafina as well? Price?

Trying to figure out the best way for us to purchase the water bottles

I know that if you pre-purchase the water package they sell you the 1 liter bottles of Aquafina, for about $2/bottle.

Closer to $3, which is supposedly a huge savings as opposed to purchasing onboard. Wouldn't know, as the tap water is fine for me.

Remember what Evian spelled backwards is?

Thanks for the pic and info mking

Closer to $3, which is supposedly a huge savings as opposed to purchasing onboard. Wouldn't know, as the tap water is fine for me.

Remember what Evian spelled backwards is?

If you don't know, why would you respond?

If you don't know, why would you respond?

So he can insult you with the line about being naive. Other than the insult, his post is off-topic.

I would prefer smaller bottles in the water package, as the 1 liter size is not convenient to carry around. It does fit the need of being able to grab a quick drink in the middle of the night in the cabin, but you can't really carry them around very easily.

The only drink list I can find from 2017 only has the liter bottles but I could have sworn the 20oz ones, where available, were the same as sodas at $2.95. You can also get cups of water for free at the bar which tasted on par with Aquafina to me. On Dawn this summer they actually just put out the big pour-tap coolers of water with a stack of cups next to it at the pool bars during the day which was incredibly convenient and a good reminder to hydrate between drinks!

You are drinking it if you drink the bottled water on NCL since it is just tap water put into a plastic bottle!

As I've said many times, my choice is to drink bottled water. Why tap water drinkers have adopted the irritating posture of teetotalers and vegans I'll never be able to figure out. If you are also in any of those groups, I choose to drink alcohol and eat meat too.

I don't have to defend my position to you in order to engage in your argumentum ad absurdum off topic posts that pollute the forum. It is my choice. I exercise my choice.

I would prefer smaller bottles in the water package, as the 1 liter size is not convenient to carry around. It does fit the need of being able to grab a quick drink in the middle of the night in the cabin, but you can't really carry them around very easily.

Bring an empty 20oz water bottle with you and fill it from the liter bottle.

We bring empty bottle to fill at tap.

Bring an empty 20oz water bottle with you and fill it from the liter bottle.

We bring empty bottle to fill at tap.

That's what we decided we will do ... our last cruise we brought a plastic tumbler but it was bulky also. The bottles we are used to are even smaller, the 500ml size that is about 17 ounces.

We also bring empty water containers and fill at the tap. We have also bought the small package of bottled waters to have a few convenient to-go bottles. What you may not be aware of is the small print of most packaged bottled water mentions that it is from a municipal water source. Look at what you buy at home, if it says municipal water source you are drinking tap water.

I am ok drinking tap water on the ship but on my last cruise on gem it tested bad had to buy bottle for me and DH so we can take our meds in the morning. The water was ok iced but horrible warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also bring empty water containers and fill at the tap. We have also bought the small package of bottled waters to have a few convenient to-go bottles. What you may not be aware of is the small print of most packaged bottled water mentions that it is from a municipal water source. Look at what you buy at home, if it says municipal water source you are drinking tap water.

Yes and no. All water comes from the combination of two atoms of hydrogen and one of oxygen, so yeah, it's all water. But there are vast differences in taste for some of us, while others can't tell the difference (I'm that way with beer; I really don't understand paying a premium over Bud or Coors as it is all the same to me). If you are drinking the tap water from the bathroom in your cabin you don't have the taste sensitivity I have to chlorine.

The water we drink at home is from Costco and we like the taste of the minerals they add back into the water. It is also purified, run through reverse osmosis filters, carbon filtered and all of the organic and inorganic chemicals (like chlorine) removed. Then it is sanitized using ozone purification that leaves no taste residue. Water bottling plants test their water hourly and it is far "more pure" than our municipal water that has several chemicals above the safe consumption levels, according to the EPA. It is "tap water" in the same respect that wine is "grape juice" or beer is "water". It is a processed, purified, and bottled product just like those drinks, and of course getting that done will cost you some cash. Our alternative is an expensive home purification or RO filter. We have done that in the past, but RO systems waste so much water that we would rather just buy bottled drinking water.

I live in California and some are shocked that California recycles sewer water so what you flush may end up coming out of your tap later ... filtered and re-sanitized, of course. It is safe, and if it didn't have the other cancer causing chemicals in it from organic material (like tree roots) in our municipal system I wouldn't mind too much.

This is true, all water that is consumed in this country is controlled by some municipality. But the municipality the water comes from is significant. For example I live in West Hartford, CT and my tap is served by the Metropolitan District Commission. According to the Environmental Working Group's Tap Water Database (link below), my home tap water contains 5 contaminants that are above recommended health guidelines, as well as 9 other detected contaminants.

As I type this, I'm enjoying a nice cold Poland Springs water. Nectar of the Gods if you ask me. According to the bottle, Poland Springs sources its water from 5 municipalities in Maine. When I plug the zip codes of those 5 municipalities into the EWG database, they each show only 1 contaminant above recommended levels. So not all sources are created equal.

If you want a real mindbend, take the bus/train combo tour in Skagway, AK. We drank water directly from a waterfall whose source was a melting glacier you could actually see. Tasted pretty great to me.

https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/index.php#.Wob55xPwYgp

They sell 1/2-liter bottles of water at some of the bars on board, at least at the pool bar. I have purchased it a few times in the past, to bring to the gym, just out of convenience. I believe the price was somewhere between $3 and $4 including gratuity. After purchasing/drinking that first 1/2 liter bottle, I just filled it up with water from our water package (didn't see the point in bringing a empty bottle from home across the globe in order to save a few dollars). I have also on a couple of occations purchased bottles of Gatorade on board (believe the price was between $5 and $6) from the guy who sell water from a table usually situated near the exit of the theater on port days, not to take with me ashore but to keep for the gym some other day - especially since it is more convenient to to drink of that type of bottle.

As far as the ice water in bars and restaurants on board goes, if it is served ICE COLD with plenty of ice in it, then yes, it taste as good as any bottled water. But if served with little ice and not so cold, then it taste like **** . So I always ask for much ice (I live in Norway, so maybe I am "spoiled" with the fresh tap water we have here ;p )

Edited by TrumpyNor