Beer prices on the Sunshine

mickeyforus

My husband and I are excited to try Carnival for the first time, sail with ncl and RC. my husband likes to have his beer, but i do not drink, only the odd glass of wine. In order to get a package we must buy 2, 1 for each of us. I do not know how that will benefit us.

Can anyone please advise me what the cost of beer (coores light) is on board the ship, both from bar and from the self serve fountain, heard there is 1 at back of ship.. but not sure.

Thank you.

any other tips for the southern cruise on the sunshine are welcome. :)

Googling, I found an image of a beer menu listing Coors Light as $5.95 for a 16 oz size - I cannot figure out of that is draft or from large can, though.

Self-serve does RedFrog beer mostly, from what I have read, and sometimes has some other "Lite" beer available, for about $4 for a 14 oz pour, IIRC.

If all you drink is the lower cost beer, then Cheers will pay for itself if you drink more than 8 beers, but remember you get cut-off at 15. Note that self-pour is not included in Cheers.

Red Frog is brewed by Budweiser according to the fellow showing us the food storage on the Behind the Fun tour we went on. Even though I'm an insufferable beer snob at times I thought it was pretty good. It was about 5.50 from the tap at bars that carried it but if I'm ever on a ship that does the self-serve I'll happily hit that thing for 4.50 a pop.

My wife doesn't drink much either so we have never thought Cheers would be worth it to us. I drank all I wanted on my cruises and my bar tab was still way less than the 800 bucks Cheers would have cost us. I had mostly beer but also some cocktails and wine. I drink black coffee so specialty coffees were no interest to me and I don't care about smart water or power-ade or even milk-shakes so the extras in Cheers meant nothing to me.

Googling, I found an image of a beer menu listing Coors Light as $5.95 for a 16 oz size - I cannot figure out of that is draft or from large can, though.

Self-serve does RedFrog beer mostly, from what I have read, and sometimes has some other "Lite" beer available, for about $4 for a 14 oz pour, IIRC.

If all you drink is the lower cost beer, then Cheers will pay for itself if you drink more than 8 beers, but remember you get cut-off at 15. Note that self-pour is not included in Cheers.

So if the self-pour is not included with Cheers, can you still order a beer through self-pour that you pay for and would not count towards your limit of 15? This might be a good way to get a beer after you reach your limit. I know the ones in the dining room close early but the Red Frog ones should be open later.

So if the self-pour is not included with Cheers, can you still order a beer through self-pour that you pay for and would not count towards your limit of 15? This might be a good way to get a beer after you reach your limit. I know the ones in the dining room close early but the Red Frog ones should be open later.

Once you hit your limit on Cheers, you are cut-off from all alcohol purchases, including self-pour, presumably.

The trick is to start buying drinks before you hit your limit, saving that last one for your night cap on the way back to the cabin.

The spreadsheet is not actually for Carnival and looks to be more for Princess.

It lists Princess' "Seawitch" beer line and does not contain the Carnival Thirsty Frog draft beer

You are correct my friend, I stole this spread sheet from the Princess boards when I sailed two Christmas's ago. People who come in contact with this spreadsheet not matter which cruise line just fill in the name/kind of drinks. Then all you do is update the prices and then you can use it for that cruise line.