Questions about MSC Divina....first time sailing MSC

ftelah

We have sailed many lines and ships but this is our first with MSC. We are doing a last minute trip leaving Feb 25th on the 11 day Panama cruise. If anyone has any information that would help we'd be happy to hear it. A few questions I was thinking of was:

On "elegant" nights how formal do I need to be packing for? Do men need suits etc, woman formal dress? (we have a older woman going who says she does have one but could go buy on if needed but still wouldn't probably buy a formal dress) ...and how many "elegant" nights on the 11 day?

Has anyone else that just maybe go off the ship done the Panama canal excursion that is suppose to actually be on a ferry going through the canal? I read a not so good review of it not going/doing what was described and I don't want to waste my money or try fighting with them? Any of excursions that is highly recommended?

We are only booked in Bella, which we are new to understanding the different classes other than things such as the Haven etc on other lines which I believe and understand YC being it's equivalent. The older woman going with us has a balcony and one doesn't get around so great so thought that room service for coffee in the morning might be a good thing for them if included.

I had read on here about a 18 voucher drink pkg but was unable to find it and when I asked the T/A they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. The 15 voucher coffee pkg I seen isn't there anymore either.

Thanks in advance for any tips and info you may have!

Unless you normally go all out in tux and gown for formal nights you can easily tone it down. Pants and jazzy tops for women and anything from button down shirts to jacket with or without tie for men will suffice on Divina. You will see some formal wear but not to worry.

Tell your TA to call MSC for the vouchers. You might want to consider upgrading yourself to Fantastica which includes the vouchers.

We were on the Divina in the YC last October. We ate at the YC on “gala” nights and there was no way I was going to get my DH to dress up on his vacation. I wore slacks with a sparkly top. He wore khakis with a polo type shirt. We did not feel out of place because there were others more dressed down than us. Don’t worry. The crew will treat you the same. Go have fun and don’t worry what others think

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just returned from the February 4 sailing. We were in YC so I can't answer all of your questions. There were only 2 gala nights. We didn't see to many people dressed in suits. I wore shirt and tie with khakis. Khakis and polo seemed to be the minimum.

In Panama we did the Two Ocean Railroad Journey. I was a very relaxing and informative excursion. You go from Atlantic to Pacific by train and then board a bus to go back. The bus takes you through Panama City and made a 30 minute shopping stop for souvenirs.

The ship is beautiful. The food was very good. We ate in the buffet a few times. Go all the way to back and you will easily find tables and a great view.

Just got back from Feb 4 Sailing. We had Aurea package which was great, included all drinks, water coffee. but cash bar prices are too bad. mixed drink 6.50, beer 5.50 to 6.00. I hate dress- day and always try to get out of wearing a coat and tie. this was my first MSC cruise so i brought a coat and tie. Didn't need either, dress code is very relaxed, the only time i saw anyone challenged was when a guy walked in with a tank top on a non formal night. I would say only 50% of the dining room was "dressed". Last year we did panama canal on Princess, went through the locks on the ship....it was awesome. This time we hung back in Colon shopped a bit and enjoyed an empty ship.

Just got back from Feb 4 Sailing. We had Aurea package which was great, included all drinks, water coffee. but cash bar prices are too bad. mixed drink 6.50, beer 5.50 to 6.00.

Do you really mean that the cash bar prices are HIGH? If you think they are, try the other cruise lines and then talk about HIGH prices.

Do you really mean that the cash bar prices are HIGH? If you think they are, try the other cruise lines and then talk about HIGH prices.

I’m thinking they mean “aren’t too bad”... (accidentally omitting the not- “n’t”). Pricing is certainly one area where MSc excels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking they mean “aren’t too bad”... (accidentally omitting the not- “n’t”). Pricing is certainly one area where MSc excels. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like you, I hope they left out the 'NOT.'

Really, MSC has some of the cheapest prices on drinks, SRs, excursions, etc.