Alcohol Package Pricing

As we all know, the package prices fluctuate from ship-to-ship, date-to-date. In 2017 I paid $55/day for a December 2017 Oasis sailing. A few days ago, I paid $48/day for a November/December 2018 Oasis sailing. Neither of these were sale prices, just the regular prices being offered in the cruise planner.

I imagine the price of these packages is determined based on itinerary, the passenger demographic, how many people are of drinking age, children etc to ensure they meet their profit goals. Which is why I found it interesting that my 2018 sailing which is almost the same date as my 2017 sailing, on the same ship, is $7/day cheaper, which is a significant decrease.

That being said, are you all noticing cheaper prices in your cruise planners for 2018 compared to 2017? Just curious if this is a trend across the board...

I cruised Oasis July 2017 and the 20% price on Cruise Planner was $48/day. I booked on Harmony April 2018 today and the 25% off price is $45/day. It seems like the base price they used for both was $60/day as regular on board price.

I didn't think to look at what the actual on board purchase price was, but I'm curious if it is in fact $60/day. I'll be sure to look this time.

I cruised Oasis July 2017 and the 20% price on Cruise Planner was $48/day. I booked on Harmony April 2018 today and the 25% off price is $45/day. It seems like the base price they used for both was $60/day as regular on board price.

I didn't think to look at what the actual on board purchase price was, but I'm curious if it is in fact $60/day. I'll be sure to look this time.

I paid $55/day through cruise planner for my December 2017 cruise and it was $58/day on board. They did not advertise a percentage off price through cruise planner, it just said something along the lines of "save when you buy in advance."

I paid $55/day through cruise planner for my December 2017 cruise and it was $58/day on board. They did not advertise a percentage off price through cruise planner, it just said something along the lines of "save when you buy in advance."

They charge FSU people more.