Rhapsody Questions

vang52

Booked on the Rhapsody 3/25/18 Western Caribbean cruise [superior oceanview w/balconey] and the little lady has a few questions. Does the ship have portable fans available for use in the cabins (sleep area / bathroom)? Are the outlets handy enough or should she plan on using an extension cord?

No portable fans that I know of. It’s been a few years,since I’ve cruised the rhapsody, but I remember two US plugs, and one European plug on the desk. Got to be careful about extension cords, but I’ve heard they can be requested from guest relations or your cabin steward. I bought. An iPad international adapter kit and a amazon international adapter kit too, so I can use the European outlet. There are rules against using a surge suppressor because they’re a fire hazard when used at sea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, folks! She's hot natured and has a small 10" 115v travel fan she likes whenever one's not available. So would a standard, say 12 foot cord be permissible, or just hope the steward has one handy? OK, she's no longer looking over my shoulder.

Booked on the Rhapsody 3/25/18 Western Caribbean cruise [superior oceanview w/balconey] and the little lady has a few questions. Does the ship have portable fans available for use in the cabins (sleep area / bathroom)? Are the outlets handy enough or should she plan on using an extension cord?

No and no. you can request an extension cord. it will be a giant 25 foot bright orange one. might only be 10.. when we got ours we just said to heck with it, didn't even bother unwrapping it and juggled the phones, camera, iPads, and hearing aids on the desk. I just couldn't Read in bed on the iPad. while it was plugged in.

noise app works for sound, if she needs the circulation, get battery operated fan

Thanks, folks! She's hot natured and has a small 10" 115v travel fan she likes whenever one's not available. So would a standard, say 12 foot cord be permissible, or just hope the steward has one handy? OK, she's no longer looking over my shoulder.

If you bring a fan with an electrical cord, you risk getting it confiscated.