4/8/2006 - spring break time?

mina

We would very much like to cruise the grand on her last Galvaston cruise of 4/8/06 -- but are concerned that it may be spring break time. We prefer to cruise when most schools are in session. Please let me know if you school systems have their spring break at this time -- this will help us gauge whether to go with another line latter in April. Thank you!!

Whats wrong with Spring Breakers? I am a college student and my best friend and I cruise for Spring Break and we dont act like complete idiots. We are two civilized adults. I dont see what the issue is with not wanting to cruise with spring breakers.

It is a lot of K-12 kids that take time off in April (not college students).

I understand the need to not want to sail with lots of kids. I have sailed a few times in April and it has not been a problem - there are some kids but they have all been well behaved.

We would very much like to cruise the grand on her last Galvaston cruise of 4/8/06 -- but are concerned that it may be spring break time. We prefer to cruise when most schools are in session. Please let me know if you school systems have their spring break at this time -- this will help us gauge whether to go with another line latter in April. Thank you!!

I know Florida, Missouri, Oklahoma and Kansas school districts that do. To be totally safe, avoid March and April altogether...or go on a longer cruise. I've found that even an 8 day cruise elicits fewer "kids". Spring breaks are not all that long. You surely want to stay away from cruises less than 7 days, they will be dominated by spring breaker families.

Just to be safe though, you do know that a bunch of 18 year olds can NOT book a cruise on their own right?

Just to be safe though, you do know that a bunch of 18 year olds can NOT book a cruise on their own right?

Actually Chris, they can. The age requirement on Princess to book a cabin is 18. If you are under 18, you need someone older. Check with a good travel agent - they will know this.

-----------------------

Section of the Passenger contract:

5. AGE REQUIREMENTS; DRINKING AGE; GAMING AGE; ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES.

The minimum passenger age is 6 months on Alaska, Canada/New England, Caribbean, Europe, Mexico and Transcanal cruises, and 12 months on all other cruises. Passengers under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a Passenger over the age of 21.

CruiseFever-- I am confused by your post. 18 year olds can book on Princess without an older adult and they do. My daugher for spring break booked a Princess cruise with about 20 of her friends. They were all 18-20 year olds. They didn't have any other adults with them. Your post is saying that they don't do this?

Archived