Swimming / life jackets

Luckyme73

It depends on the excursion but if lifejackets are required then they are provided (such as snorkeling, swimming with dolphins or in small boats used for transportation). Of course it will be asked by others why you would book an excursion that involves swimming if you don't know how to.;)

We are doing glass bottom boat excursion which is the only excursion that has me worried because I dont know how deep we go but my cruise mates wanted to do this trip. The paddle boarding I have done before and am not worried about, I dont go out to far. My last excursion is private beach day, that one was my choice.

We are doing glass bottom boat excursion which is the only excursion that has me worried because I dont know how deep we go but my cruise mates wanted to do this trip. The paddle boarding I have done before and am not worried about, I dont go out to far. My last excursion is private beach day, that one was my choice.

I figured it was something like that. The glass bottom boat will have life jackets onboard.

Heading out on our cruise in 2 weeks and am beginning to worry a bit. I dont know how to swim (not worried about the ship), and am wondering if they provide life jackets on excursions or if I should pack my own.

It's not necessary to bring your own, but if you should decide to do so, get a water skiing life belt. It will take up a lot less room in your luggage. Most sporting goods stores, like Dick's or Cabela's, should have them.

Heading out on our cruise in 2 weeks and am beginning to worry a bit. I dont know how to swim (not worried about the ship), and am wondering if they provide life jackets on excursions or if I should pack my own.

I'm sorry you are worried. I'm not a strong swimmer either. When I did the swim with the dolphins and went out over my head I was terrified. The instructor told me to put my hand on her shoulder and I did that and felt much better.

It seems you are going on a glassbottom boat. They will life jackets there for you. I try to remember what my wise Daddy says: honey. most of the things we worry about NEVER happen! and he's right.

Enjoy your trip!

It's not necessary to bring your own, but if you should decide to do so, get a water skiing life belt. It will take up a lot less room in your luggage. Most sporting goods stores, like Dick's or Cabela's, should have them.

Life belts are not designed for non-swimmers.