No deck chairs on the promenade deck?

deck chair

I asked onboard Sky during our TA if they ever opened the doors and served out there and from the look of horror in the manager’s face you would have thought I had asked him to kill his mother! I thought from looking before cruising that was exactly why those tables were there. Oh well....we “made due” with the Aquavit Terrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I guess the designers didn't consult the restaurant managers as part of the design process. But it is a nice quiet place to sit when the ship isn't under way.

I feel Viking did a great job with the interior living rooms, comfortable and spacious. Endless living rooms. However ftheir outdoor spaces are lacking in shade and comfort, especially when compared to what their competitors offer.

I did not see the aforementioned couches aft on the promenade deck. I saw three or four tables with chairs, unoccupied every time I walked this area. This area is deep and would easily accommodate cushioned loungers. The loungers would not impede walkers and joggers in any way.

I asked onboard Sky during our TA if they ever opened the doors and served out there and from the look of horror in the manager’s face you would have thought I had asked him to kill his mother! I thought from looking before cruising that was exactly why those tables were there. Oh well....we “made due” with the Aquavit Terrace.

Clay,, remember we had 10 to 30 something ft swells the entire TA? We all had a great time didn't we. Have a wonderful time in the EU these next few months. You guys should have booked the return on Viking. LOL, you know,, :)

I feel Viking did a great job with the interior living rooms, comfortable and spacious. Endless living rooms. However ftheir outdoor spaces are lacking in shade and comfort, especially when compared to what their competitors offer.

I did not see the aforementioned couches aft on the promenade deck. I saw three or four tables with chairs, unoccupied every time I walked this area. This area is deep and would easily accommodate cushioned loungers. The loungers would not impede walkers and joggers in any way.

On Sky in March, there were the tables and chairs against the windows, and couches at the rail with space between for walkers and runners to pass by.

Clay,, remember we had 10 to 30 something ft swells the entire TA? We all had a great time didn't we. Have a wonderful time in the EU these next few months. You guys should have booked the return on Viking. LOL, you know,, :)

We looked at returning via Viking but their TA is over the Christmas holidays and after being gone 7 months we didn’t want to deal with telling family that we wouldn’t be home for Christmas.