Drones

lilm201

The OP got his answer,and obviously there are exceptions to the rule(s) so some of the other responses are what is known as "piling on".

The OP got his answer from HAL documents yet he came here for opinions on ignoring the HAL instructions. And opinions he got ... in spades.

I am posting in support of using drones but not breaking the rules. I'm sure many of you have drones and know how fabulous the footage can be. I totally understand not wanting drones flying around a ship for both safety and nuisance reasons. However, for example, if you take a helicopter excursion to a glacier in Alaska, incredible coverage could come from a drone once you landed. Yes, you get fabulous photos and videos when flying in the helicopter but none of them have your group in them. I think drones are great in the right situations and also totally understand why they are not allowed on HAL ships. The staff have enough to deal with. The OP did get his answer, but too bad it would not be allowed in ports where lawful. Thanks to Copper 10-8 for answering the original question as to getting it back in ports. JMO Cherie

Edited by cccole

If it’s really important to you, I’d pick one location you really want to film, and then send it ahead of you to a UPS office or somewhere that accepts parcels. Return it by mail on the day, or surrender it on embarkation for safe keeping until the end of your trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If it’s really important to you, I’d pick one location you really want to film, and then send it ahead of you to a UPS office or somewhere that accepts parcels. Return it by mail on the day, or surrender it on embarkation for safe keeping until the end of your trip.

Excellent suggestion..

It's understandable that HAL would not want to trust the skill and sensibility of passengers with drones, but that's not to say that there won't be drones around.

For example, August 6, 2017 in Corner Brook Newfoundland on the Voyage of the Vikings. That's the staff captain.

It's understandable that HAL would not want to trust the skill and sensibility of passengers with drones' date=' but that's not to say that there won't be drones around.

For example, August 6, 2017 in Corner Brook Newfoundland on the Voyage of the Vikings. That's the staff captain.[/quote']

Uncle, Did you intend to add a photo to your post?:confused: I didn't see one, but it could very well be me! ;)

I thought I attached a JPG file. It showed up when I clicked "Preview Post", and I even opened it from that preview. CC doesn't make it simple to add photos. I'll try again in this post. --- OK, it's definitely in the preview, 197.8KB so it's within the spec --- now hitting Submit ---

0806_0853_B168399_cr.jpg.12df5228bfd0e3f0fded895ecaadc2b1.jpg

I thought I attached a JPG file. It showed up when I clicked "Preview Post"' date=' and I even opened it from that preview. CC doesn't make it simple to add photos. I'll try again in this post. --- OK, it's definitely in the preview, 197.8KB so it's within the spec --- now hitting Submit ---[/quote']

Got it this time! ;) Interesting photo..