Anchorage Transfer to Whittier from Downtown

Alicomp

Prior to our Alaska cruise we are flying to Anchorage a couple of days early, on our own. We are using Princess transfers to get to the ship. I was told there is a downtown location where people using the transfers who didn't use Princess air, gather and board the buses to the ship. Has anyone boarded from this downtown location? How did it work out? Is that better than taking a cab to the airport and boarding the bus at the airport?

Thank you.

The downtown location is usually the Egan Convention Center.

When you purchase the transfer it is for a specific location, either the airport or convention center. I do not believe you can simply pay the fee and then just show up at whichever you choose. I am in a similar situation as I will be spending three nights on my own in Anchorage between northbound and southbound cruises; in my personalizer you have to select between

TRANSFER: ANCHORAGE AIRPORT TO WHITTIER

or

COACH: ANCHORAGE CITY CENTER TO WHITTIER

Your names will be on the list at one location or the other, not both.

We took the Princess transfer from the Egan Convention Center to Whittier last May. We stayed the night before at the Hilton and walked with our luggage to the convention Center by 10 am.

Everything was very well-organized. We checked our luggage with them, filled out the health form and was given a ticket for boarding a specific bus a couple hours later. We spent the time in between walking around town and getting coffee and snacks.

What is the cost of transfer from downtown?

In my personalizer for Golden Princess May 26, transfer from either the Egan or the airport is $54 per person. No guarantee it is the same for your sailing, or will not change as the date gets closer. I know for disembarkation transfers the price definitely is higher the later you purchase it due to passengers waiting to use their OBC to purchase on the ship rather than when making final payment.