Need help re: PrivaSea balcony! Leaving 3/18

Momof3gurlz

On Monday we booked NCL Dawn out of Tampa departing 3/18. Chose Balcony Sailaway category and received our cabin assignment today...# 10508. Most forward regular balcony cabin. From another thread here, which included photos, I understand the difference between a regular balcony and a PrivaSea balcony and am fine with the PrivaSea. However.......in looking at actual photos of the ship, it appears that just forward of the last PrivaSea balcony cabin there’s another “opening” of some sort. I’m really hoping this is not our cabin that has a fully enclosed balcony (no glass front). If it is, I need to start figuring out how to possibly upgrade. Yes, I understand what the sailaway category is and that we could likely end up with a PrivaSea balcony, but my understanding is they had glass fronts. I Googled the cabin number and came across a very recent YouTube video showing supposedly 10508 and it shows a typical PrivaSea balcony. I’m just not sure how reliable that would be as to it being that actual cabin. Would appreciate any information or feed back anyone can provide. Thanks!

The ship was refurbished since we were last on it but I believe what you are looking at is part of the owner’s suite cabin 10506. The round opening is part of their bathroom. That suite not only has a forward facing balcony, it also has a side balcony which is the first privasea balcony on that side of the ship.

I’m sure you will have a normal privasea balcony. That’s my take on what you are looking at.

Thank you! I found a couple of videos of that penthouse suite 10506 and now have a better understanding of that smaller opening; definitely appears to be part of the suite. Appreciate your quick reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you mean the room forward of yours, yes, that is an OS. It has two of the hull baclonies and then the round window for the bathroom plus the front deck.

The OS on 9 also have the double wide balcony but no round window.