Dazzling Ship with a few disappointments . A non Yacht club Seaside review. Jan 2018

geonurse

It’s so hard to discuss pricing accurately because some people include taxes in the total cost, others don’t. People often aren’t comparing the same weeks either.

Personally, I’d not spend $850 for a bella balcony on MSc including drinks but value is in the eye of the purchaser.

On the other hand, $700 pp all in for allure is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s so hard to discuss pricing accurately because some people include taxes in the total cost, others don’t. People often aren’t comparing the same weeks either.

Personally, I’d not spend $850 for a bella balcony on MSc including drinks but value is in the eye of the purchaser.

On the other hand, $700 pp all in for allure is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true, though the value would also depend on whether someone purchased drinks or not. If I had a cruise booked for $1000 and then spend another $600 for a drink package, then the price may not be as great. I always look the same week when comparing prices, based of course upon when I might want a vacation. I find the price for a balcony to be decent - you have to remember when we booked the so called Bella category, you didn't get any kind of perk with the Fantastica except for room service - that personally was not worth an over $400 price increase and I think our cabin location is great. We are deck 10, close to the aft elevators (before them rather than behind when coming from mid ship). There are cabins above and below so I think the price was rather good - especially in comparison to the price now if I were to book.

Not quite true - when the Seaside had early bookings it included the classic drink package for all passengers in the cabin. We booked a Bella balcony total was $2500 for three people with the classic package.

We booked over a year and a half in advance of our sailing and didn't get ANYTHING included except for the 12 drink vouchers that came with the Fantastica experience (balcony cabin)

BTW, we got 2 weeks on Seaside for $3400, so not sure, how it all computes as far as "included" items.