First Night Specialty Dining

carlsbadguy

Noticed on my Cruise Planner it offers the option to book first-night specialty dining for about 30% off. Murano $35, Tuscan $30 and Silk Harvest $25. Is that the best discounts you can usually find on the cruise? This is for Solstice Alaska Cruise August 17.

Would actually like to do a specialty dining later in the cruise do they usually offer discounts?

I have the 2 free perks, $300 OBC and drink package and was wondering if I can use the onboard credit to pre-book excursions or need to wait till onboard. I want to book the Tracy Arm small boat excursion and when I go to check out it does not give me an option to use credit.

Thanks

Noticed on my Cruise Planner it offers the option to book first-night specialty dining for about 30% off. Murano $35, Tuscan $30 and Silk Harvest $25. Is that the best discounts you can usually find on the cruise? This is for Solstice Alaska Cruise August 17.

Would actually like to do a specialty dining later in the cruise do they usually offer discounts?

I have the 2 free perks, $300 OBC and drink package and was wondering if I can use the onboard credit to pre-book excursions or need to wait till onboard. I want to book the Tracy Arm small boat excursion and when I go to check out it does not give me an option to use credit.

Thanks

FYI we had the same problem using OBC for excursions on our upcoming Alaska cruise. We called the Captain's Club at

1-800-760-0654 and they said "there is a problem with the system" and took care of the bookings for us. Hope this helps.

Mike and Mary

I just checked my profile and noticed that they did offer a discount for the first night. My cruise only offered the Tuscan Grille for $15 off. nothing else... fine with me, and it did let me use my OBC to pay for it.

My last cruise in 2017, we were offered 25% off on the 2nd last night of the cruise in another specialty restaurant, so it does happen.

Printed and in my travel folder

Edited by faymuiheng