Mariner of the Seas questions

Hi All....a few questions I ahve

1. Trying to decide between Mariner and Celebrity infinity? Pros and Cons?

2. Room 3015 on Mariner...noise level?

3. room 6137....weird placement for a room...any info on this?? noise level??

It's just my husband on I traveling with another couple...no kids this time. Looking at 4 night in Noveber to Bahamas. Thanks

Mariner will have a 125 million dollar refurb in April, that alone made the choice for me. We are booked on the Nov. 9th 3 day sailing after getting of the Symphony transatlantic. Mariner has always been one of our favorites. happy cruising

We will also be doing a "bag drop" from Symphony to the Mariner on Nov 9th. Looking forward to sailing on the Mariner again, but a little sad RCL is only offering 3- and 4-night sailings. We were on the Mariner this exact time last year sailing from Singapore to Thailand, Malaysia, etc. It's a beautiful ship, which will be even more beautiful after its multi-million refurbishment!

It's a shame the Mariner will only be hosting 3 & 4 night cruises with all that new "stuff" that she'll be getting.

It may be a shame to to you, but it's a smart business decision for RCCL as they are serving up a massively updated ship to attract millennials, working folks who do not have a lot of vacation time (like my husband & I), and most importantly First-Time Cruisers who will get the benefit of trying out a new (to them) ship for a handful of days.

If you have to travel by plane to Florida to take the Mariner it's not worth the airfare to do a three or four nighter it doesn't matter if you're a familiarity of two, six or more. You're paying more to fly to Florida than what you're paying for the cruise. That's my point, there's no option for the Mariner sailing a seven nighter. Now, if you're a Florida resident or within a reasonable driving distance to the cruise terminal that may make it worthwhile for you.

If you have to travel by plane to Florida to take the Mariner it's not worth the airfare to do a three or four nighter it doesn't matter if you're a familiarity of two, six or more. You're paying more to fly to Florida than what you're paying for the cruise. That's my point, there's no option for the Mariner sailing a seven nighter. Now, if you're a Florida resident or within a reasonable driving distance to the cruise terminal that may make it worthwhile for you.

Back to back.

We have Mariner booked for a 4 day cruise and it requires us to fly. The way we look at it...we are looking for a 4 day vacation with our kids end of the summer. Those 4 days (which for a cruise turns into 3.5 full days) will either be spent on a cruise ship where we can enjoy the amenities, see shows, and have room and board and meals included...and spend a bit of time at beach. Or we can spend those 4 days touring a city. We are deciding between two options...but either way, the cost will end up being close to each other.

Thanks for all the thoughts!!! We decided to go with the Mariner after! We do have to fly, but to escape the cold and cruise with my husband, without kids for this one, is what we look forward to. And the fact that the Mariner is doing the 3 and 4 night cruises is fantastic....a larger(newer) boat with more amenities then what we can usually get on a 3-4 night cruise. Looking forward to this one. Plus I was able to snag a great deal for a cabin on deck 7 with their sales on.

Thanks

People fly to 3/4 night cruises ALL THE TIME! Like every day. People on 3/4 night cruises in Florida are not exclusively from GA/FL/MS/AL. Even though most of those car rides are fairly substantial (Florida is a seriously long state) in their own right.

I've been on a bunch of 3/4 cruises and there are people from all sorts of places on them.

The blanket statement:

If you have to travel by plane to Florida to take the Mariner it's not worth the airfare to do a three or four nighter it doesn't matter if you're a familiarity of two, six or more. You're paying more to fly to Florida than what you're paying for the cruise.

is simply not true. It may be true FOR YOU, but it isn't globally true. Especially for Port Canaveral where millions and millions of people come for theme park vacations. MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of them. Those people may simply not have even time to do a 7-10 night cruise. They have time for a 3 or a 4 and XX amount of days at the theme parks.

Your world perspective isn't everyone's perspective.

Shoot... I've got friends in Ohio that say anything more than 3 nights on a ship is torture, but they love to cruise on a shorty. They come see us for a couple of days, do the parks for a couple of days, and/or do a few days in the Keys or Sarasota. Sometimes when people cruise that isn't their entire vacation, but just a piece of it.

If you already have to travel by plane, well there are a lot of other port options available. Besides being desperate for a change, one of the reasons we moved to Florida was the access to great rates and ships... which we have been able to capitalize on. I am excited the Mariner is going to do this 3/4 run. I absolutely LOVE the 4 night, and usually make Nassau a second sea day. I only have to use one day of PTO to do that 4 day as well... so it is cool that an amazing ship is going to be offering it.

If you've got the money to fly to Florida for a 3/4 nighter from locations outside of Florida then good luck to you. A lot of people that are doing nothing else taking a cruise from Florida don't seem to care about spending more for the airfare then the cruise. We've done sixty five cruises in forty years, our first cruise was a four nighter out of Miami. Whatever floats your boat people.