How many days until your next Carnival Cruise?

CCHelp

OK... asking for a friend!

I've seen this topic around for a looooong time and I just don't get the attraction.  Now, I'm not knocking it but just trying to understand the attraction of reading other people's number of days until they cruise.  At first I thought it was just a way for excited people to post something but curiosity got the better of me and I looked at a couple pages.  People are actually responding to other's comments.  That means that people are reading it too!

I'm a newb at this posting stuff so I'm just trying to figure out what's going on... for a friend of course.

On 3/18/2019 at 10:33 AM, MWBearFan said:

754 days.  We'll be on the Carnival Breeze on an 8 day southern Caribbean cruise out of Ft Lauderdale.  Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Bonaire, Aruba with 3 fun days at sea.  

It feels like an eternity but gives us something to look forward too.  We'll be cruising with my wife's parents and the cruise will be twice as long as our first cruise together on the Victory that only had two stops HMC and Nassau.  

You have me beat. I thought 614 was a long time. First time I've ever booked this far in advance. 

22 hours ago, ajm said:

OK... asking for a friend!

I've seen this topic around for a looooong time and I just don't get the attraction.  Now, I'm not knocking it but just trying to understand the attraction of reading other people's number of days until they cruise.  At first I thought it was just a way for excited people to post something but curiosity got the better of me and I looked at a couple pages.  People are actually responding to other's comments.  That means that people are reading it too!

I'm a newb at this posting stuff so I'm just trying to figure out what's going on... for a friend of course.

My first reaction was like yours - this thread is essentially a random number generator from 1 to 500 or so (whatever is the max lead time to book at any given moment).

But people like to get excited about stuff (I'm guilty of that), I mean why do I read this forum every day?  I don't generally learn much new on a day by day basis.  I do it to keep the "going on a cruise soon" part of my brain stimulated.  If I ever return from a cruise with no intention of ever going on another one, I'd probably disappear from this site.

Anyway, in my head, the response to the thread title's question goes like this:

Day of booking to day we can check-in online: bah, too far out, I don't care.  May as well be 10 years.  Except the day it goes into double digits - that is a brief moment of acknowledgment it is getting closer.  But 97 days out may as well be a year.

On-line check-in to final payment day: OK, getting closer.  Mildly excited.  Still "months", may as well be years still.  Don't really care about exact number.

Final payment to week before sailing: OK, this is exciting.  Counting down the days one by one!

Week before sailing up to day before: Ahh!  Too soon!  I'm not ready!  I have too much work/housework/yardwork/packing to do!

Day before: dammit, why isn't it tomorrow yet?!

Day after returning from cruise (assuming another future one already booked): May as well be 10 years from now.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
grammar

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

My first reaction was like yours - this thread is essentially a random number generator from 1 to 500 or so (whatever is the max lead time to book at any given moment).

But people like to get excited about stuff (I'm guilty of that), I mean why do I read this forum every day?  I don't generally learn much new on a day by day basis.  I do it to keep the "going on a cruise soon" part of my brain stimulated.  If I ever return from a cruise with no intention of ever going on another one, I'd probably disappear from this site.

Thank you.... I knew there was had to be some logic.  My friend will be happy now.

259 for our first ever cruise! We're doing Eastern Caribbean out of Canaveral 7 nights, celebrating our 25th anniversary with a suite. We paid off the cruise this week, which somehow makes it really hard now for it to still be so far out! My sister started cruising a couple years ago and loved it so much that she's doing like 5 cruises this year, so we are thinking we are going to love it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kri1970 said:

259 for our first ever cruise! We're doing Eastern Caribbean out of Canaveral 7 nights, celebrating our 25th anniversary with a suite. We paid off the cruise this week, which somehow makes it really hard now for it to still be so far out! My sister started cruising a couple years ago and loved it so much that she's doing like 5 cruises this year, so we are thinking we are going to love it. 

It's addicting to be sure. We did celebrated our 20th anniversary with a cruise. I did 3 more cruises within the 12 months after our first until the pocketbook reigned me in. Now I have 611 days until my next. I don't know how I'm going to wait that long. Be sure an let them know you a celebrating your anniversary. You'll get a few surprise perks. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 3:10 PM, grandmarnnurse said:

You will absolutely love the Breeze! We just got off the Breeze on March 9. Fabulous ship! We are booked on a B2B on the Magic (Breeze sister ship) for a Southern Caribbean cruise in 383 days. So excited! 

We are looking forward to it.  We've heard so much good about the Breeze.   We had a great time on the Victory last October.  if only it wasn't 700+ days to go.