Have Things Changed - Bon Voyage Gifts

:eek::eek:I may not have been paying attention last year when I bought several items to be delivered to our two rooms; but I am noticing now that there is a delivery fee. How long has that been in place? Also, you can no longer purchase the FOSTERS lager OIL CANS ahead of time and have them on ice in your room upon embarkation as I once did. Now, even if you buy beer ahead of time, it cannot be put on ice upon embarkation. That comes later. :o:oIt seems like the cost with the delivery fee makes it where there's no savings buying it ahead at all, as it used to be.

Am I missing something here?:(

Within the last couple of months Carnival instituted a delivery charge on most items. Exceptions include beverage packages, such as Cheers, and maybe water. I am not sure but I hope someone else can clarify exactly what purchases are not subject to the 15% price increase.

Cheers, Bottomless Bubbles, water, Internet, Cruise Cash.

:eek::eek:I may not have been paying attention last year when I bought several items to be delivered to our two rooms; but I am noticing now that there is a delivery fee. How long has that been in place? Also, you can no longer purchase the FOSTERS lager OIL CANS ahead of time and have them on ice in your room upon embarkation as I once did. Now, even if you buy beer ahead of time, it cannot be put on ice upon embarkation. That comes later. :o:oIt seems like the cost with the delivery fee makes it where there's no savings buying it ahead at all, as it used to be.

Am I missing something here?:(

The delivery fee is a fairly recent thing. I don't ever remember being able to get beer delivered on ice. In my experience, beer is delivered warm but can be exchanged for cold ones at the bar.

So what is the amount of the delivery fee?

I believe it's 15%. I personally wish they had just rolled it into the pricing. I wouldn't have been so annoyed having to pay more if it was just now apart of the item. Clearly they have to deliver it, I don't see why it needs to be a separate charge.

I believe it's 15%. I personally wish they had just rolled it into the pricing. I wouldn't have been so annoyed having to pay more if it was just now apart of the item. Clearly they have to deliver it, I don't see why it needs to be a separate charge.

Yes, 15%. And I agree wholeheartedly with you. Didn't realize it until I put an item in my cart. Not a good surprise.

Then why bother getting it delivered?

That was my point, exactly. I so enjoyed getting onboard and getting to the room and having a cold beer as I unpacked. I've done the same with wine.

On the Sunshine, though, we are in an oceanview and actually have to bring our own cooler for them to ice twice a day because there is no fridge in the room. I usually had an additional bucket of ice with one in it anyway, because the fridges don't get cold.

I guess it's just a new learning curve for me. There just doesn't seem to be any benefit to buying ahead anymore. :loudcry:

That was my point, exactly. I so enjoyed getting onboard and getting to the room and having a cold beer as I unpacked. I've done the same with wine.

On the Sunshine, though, we are in an oceanview and actually have to bring our own cooler for them to ice twice a day because there is no fridge in the room. I usually had an additional bucket of ice with one in it anyway, because the fridges don't get cold.

I guess it's just a new learning curve for me. There just doesn't seem to be any benefit to buying ahead anymore. :loudcry:

My first cruise back with Carnival in May of 2013 I ordered a Beer Package with cooler and other stuff for my sister and they weren’t on ice. She exchanged them at the bar for cold ones.

Yup, 15% delivery fee. I usually order a bottle of Crown for my cabin, no more though. $14.25 for them to take a 5 minute walk and leave the bottle in my cabin, ridiculous! I'll drink mostly on shore at the port stops. I suspect a lot of others will feel the same way and sales will go down. Time will tell I guess.

I did order water for the cabin, no delivery fee on that.

Yup, 15% delivery fee. I usually order a bottle of Crown for my cabin, no more though. $14.25 for them to take a 5 minute walk and leave the bottle in my cabin, ridiculous! I'll drink mostly on shore at the port stops. I suspect a lot of others will feel the same way and sales will go down. Time will tell I guess.

I did order water for the cabin, no delivery fee on that.

You could purchase one of the $100 AARP discounted Carnival gift cards for $90 and pay with that. That would essentially knock the delivery charge to 5% and I little more tolerable I’d think.

You could purchase one of the $100 AARP discounted Carnival gift cards for $90 and pay with that. That would essentially knock the delivery charge to 5% and I little more tolerable I’d think.

Yes but, much like our conversation in the other thread, you would be annoyed about having to pay extra for better alcohol after paying for Cheers and I agree with you on that. In this case I find the delivery charge outrageous and highly annoying after paying such premium prices for the alcohol.

Yes but, much like our conversation in the other thread, you would be annoyed about having to pay extra for better alcohol after paying for Cheers and I agree with you on that. In this case I find the delivery charge outrageous and highly annoying after paying such premium prices for the alcohol.

Agreed :)

I am platinum with Carnival but it has been a while since my last Carnival cruise. I am taking my granddaughter for her 10th birthday over her spring break. I wasn't sure if they would give her any kind of birthday cake, so I saw that I could buy one. When I went to put it in my cart, yep... they charge a delivery charge! It's not that I won't pay it, but it seems tacky.

I noticed it for room decorations as well! An extra delivery fee for a few streamers...no thanks! I usually spend about $100 on decorations and snacks, but won’t be paying $15 for them to deliver them by foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bought the room decorations for my daughters birthday, and also noticed that there was a delivery fee. My question is... do they also put up the decorations for you so that she is surprised when she goes in the room?

I bought the room decorations for my daughters birthday, and also noticed that there was a delivery fee. My question is... do they also put up the decorations for you so that she is surprised when she goes in the room?

Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums