Message in a bottle from 2003 NCL cruise found--seeking the author.

Clintelby

Back in 2011, I found a message in a bottle from a Norwegian Cruise Lines cruise. The writing had faded and become invisible, but I was able to make out the impressions left by the pen (the message was sent on May 31, 2003). Unfortunately, the note was not signed with a name, but only with an email address that is no longer working. I'm sharing the story here in hopes that someone will recognize the email address, message, or handwriting. Click here for the full story and details.

Please keep in mind I am NOT encouraging anyone to send messages in bottles from NCL cruises, or any cruise line. I am simply trying to find the person who sent this one.

Did you try googling the email address? I tried and got a hit for someone in Illinois

Fascinating! That's so strange! Google is weird and I don't get how it works... When I Google the address, I don't get anything. Can you send a link to your search results here? Thanks for looking!

Fascinating! That's so strange! Google is weird and I don't get how it works... When I Google the address, I don't get anything. Can you send a link to your search results here? Thanks for looking!

Hi! I had found that using 22 in the email address but I saw you now think it's 77. I don't get anything when I look for 77. Sorry for the false hope :(

Back in 2011, I found a message in a bottle from a Norwegian Cruise Lines cruise. The writing had faded and become invisible, but I was able to make out the impressions left by the pen (the message was sent on May 31, 2003). Unfortunately, the note was not signed with a name, but only with an email address that is no longer working.

Try sending to the same address but use gmail.com or comcast.net instead of aol.com I know a lot of people who switched to gmail or comcast from their legacy email providers like aol or earthlink but kept the front part of the email address the same. (Comcast.net is common in our area, but there may be others like that.)

That's CRAZY you and your family have found so many messages in bottles. I've never found any. Curious how many other people have found them, although not wanting to hijack your thread. Good luck in your search.

The key is to know the current patterns. Certain areas are going to bring different weight items to shore, so floating bottles will tend to end up in the same areas.