Upscale cruising

imatarb

Like they sugguested try try http://www.rssc.com

Oceania cruises

Seabourn

Silverseas

Crystal

Also sign up for their email. I have had a number of specials from Silverseas on the Med.

Here is one

Apr 08, 2006 14 Barbados to Lisbon 1610 55% $3,080

May 11, 2006 10 Genoa to Barcelona 1612 55% $3,305

May 14, 2006 8 Barcelona to Nice 4617 30% $4,127

May 15, 2006 10 Monte Carlo to Villefranche-sur-Mer 2615 40% $4,407

May 21, 2006 12 Barcelona to London 1613 40% $5,727

I have cruised all of the luxury lines and they rarely, if ever, do a cruise where they start and stop in the same port. I've been in the Med and Baltic 7times, and not once did we start and stop at the same city. The luxury lines don't do 7 day cruises in the Med or Baltic, so that's another reason they don't do round trip cruises. For that matter, you won't find many of the mass market lines doing round trip cruises in the Med. Most start in Barcelona and end in Venice for 12 days, and then they start another cruise from Venice.

I can give you some ideas as to price for Crystal Med cruises. They generally average $4,500 to $5200 per person for their lowest cabins, and go up to around $26,000 for their highest price cabin. You can find some lower prices if you cruise at the very beginning of the Med season. These prices are for their 11 and 12 day cruises and none of them do round trip cruises.

For Seabourn, cruises in the Med for June through September, are 14 days in length and start at around $7900. For Silversea, their cruises in the summer, in the Med, start at around $4500 for a 7 day cruise, but none of them do a round trip cruise.

Also be aware, the luxury lines are the most formal of all cruising experiences. You will find that a vast majority of men will wear tuxes on formal nights the the women will be equally as formal. I know this issue is an important one for many cruisers as it seems that a lot of people don't like to pack the formalwear for Med cruises. But from experience, maybe because the Med cruises tend to attract more Europeans who do dress up more in the evening, cruises in Europe do seem to be a little more dressy than cruises in other areas of the world.

Radisson is doing Russia and the Baltic 7 day cruises beginning/ending in Copenhagen/Stockholm. Their recent brochure lists 12 sailings from July 1 - August 19, 2006, starting at $3,396 cruise only.

Having sailed with them, I can hightly recommend their ambiance and service.

Their cabins tend to be larger than most and only 700 passengers. You need not worry about ultra-formal dress. It is truly understated elegance with wine included at dinner, open seating in the main restaurant. You won't be disappointed.

I'd love to plan one of these for 2007, but I notice that many luxury lines don't have their rates out yet. I'll just wait....

I'm leaning more toward either Seabourn or RSSC, as they have the itineraries that we are looking for.

Thanks so much...keep the ideas/feedback coming!

Archived