Switching rooms on embarkation day

Has anyone ever switched rooms with a family member on embarkation day? When I booked our cruise, I booked my husband and myself in 2 different rooms so we both can get the our OBC. My PVP with Carnival said once on board go to member services and get them to put you and your husband together and then put your son and nephew in the other room together. Just wandering, is it that easy.

It usually is that easy. The only issue may be the ages on the son and nephew. There are different rules for how close they need to be and if they can be in their own room based on age. The other alternative is just to get an extra keys for each room and access the room you switch to with the key rather than your sign and sail card.

Has anyone ever switched rooms with a family member on embarkation day? When I booked our cruise, I booked my husband and myself in 2 different rooms so we both can get the our OBC. My PVP with Carnival said once on board go to member services and get them to put you and your husband together and then put your son and nephew in the other room together. Just wandering, is it that easy.

We do it every cruise, just go to guest services with both people who need to switch. When our sons were younger our cabins couldn't be too far apart but once they all turned 18 -we could be on different floors.

Happy Sailing!

It is that easy and they do not have to be 21, I booked my daughters and their friend all in their teens and well under 18 with me in one room with two kids and my wife in another with the other child. Once onboard, we moved all kids to the one cabin and the wife and I to the other and everyone got new keys. It was no problem at guest services. The rooms were across the hall from each other.

Okay, thanks for your input. I have been worried about it being a huge deal. My son and nephew are both 19 and will be in the room next to their grandmother. When booking I could only get 2 rooms side by side. My room will be 6 doors down and my brother and sister in law will be across the hall from me.

Okay, thanks for your input. I have been worried about it being a huge deal. My son and nephew are both 19 and will be in the room next to their grandmother. When booking I could only get 2 rooms side by side. My room will be 6 doors down and my brother and sister in law will be across the hall from me.

Ages 18-20....can have a room anywhere on ship..... They are not restricted by the close cabin rule

So they won’t let you book it this way but let you switch on board? What’s the advantage to switching? We have two rooms booked across from each other and just planned on sleeping as we wanted.

So they won’t let you book it this way but let you switch on board? What’s the advantage to switching? We have two rooms booked across from each other and just planned on sleeping as we wanted.

I think mainly the room key issue

There are several advantages to booking this way. Let's say both parents qualify for a discount on booking a cabin but the kids don't. Each parent books a cabin and uses that discount. Then they switch after boarding.

Dad wants the Cheers package but Mom doesn't. Everyone in a cabin over 21 must get the Cheers package if one does. This way, Dad can have it. Carnival just made money by Dad getting it so they look the other way.

Two couples book a cruise. Both men want the Cheers, neither women want it. Book both men in one cabin, both women in the other. Men get the Cheers package. Carnival just sold two Cheers packages that wouldn't have happened had they booked man and woman together.

There are several advantages to booking this way. Let's say both parents qualify for a discount on booking a cabin but the kids don't. Each parent books a cabin and uses that discount. Then they switch after boarding.

Dad wants the Cheers package but Mom doesn't. Everyone in a cabin over 21 must get the Cheers package if one does. This way, Dad can have it. Carnival just made money by Dad getting it so they look the other way.

Two couples book a cruise. Both men want the Cheers, neither women want it. Book both men in one cabin, both women in the other. Men get the Cheers package. Carnival just sold two Cheers packages that wouldn't have happened had they booked man and woman together.

so what if you do this first part and book one that gets discount in each room have 2 rooms all over 21 but one in each don't want cheers but the couple that want to get back in same room want it how can we do that anyone know please

so what if you do this first part and book one that gets discount in each room have 2 rooms all over 21 but one in each don't want cheers but the couple that want to get back in same room want it how can we do that anyone know please

You just have to decided what's more important to you, getting the cheaper room price or cheers.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

You book all of the ones that want it in one cabin providing you don't exceed the number of occupants in a cabin. Example: Dad and 21 year old son in one, Mom and 10 year old in the other.

We did that back when we traveled with our 3 kids in 2003. They were 10, 15 & 18. They wouldn't let us book the kids next door without an adult, so we booked girls in one cabin, boys in the other. Then once we boarded, we went to guest services & had the cards switched with no problem.