Easter Sunday on the Magic

beshears

If you have ever been on the Magic or any other ship for Easter, is it just like any other day on the ship, or do they have any church service or anything pertaining to Easter? I have always been home for Easter Sunday, and this will be the first time I will be away from my family. Just wondering.

There could, possibly, be a religious service IF there is a clergyman on board and IF he chooses to offer a service. It may or may not be in the FunTimes. You can always check with Guest Services.

Being a religious Holiday for many...there is a strong liklihood some type of service will be offered. This likely won't be coordinated by the Cruiseline but instead by clergy, pastor, etc who will volunteer his services. Check the funtimes...If a service will be made available it will be listed there

I think they hide colorful plastic eggs all over, and each is redeemable at any bar for a tequila shot ;p

I wish !!! But I did hear that there is a certain bunny who makes an appearance and he may pass out goodies to the kids....

Rabbit will be on the dinner menu that evening. It's not an entree, it's the appetizer of ground braised rabbit served in a puff pastry. I think I got 3 on my plate. I tried it to be adventurous but it didn't have much flavor so I wouldn't order it again myself.

I sailed on Breeze 2 years ago on Easter Sunday. There was a priest on board who held Easter mass in the theater that morning. He was awesome, he was part of some ministers at sea type program. Don't know if they will have something similar this year.

Later in the day they had a bunny handing out treats in the atrium. I believe it was in the Fun Times.

Thanks for letting me know you believe rabbit will be on the dinner menu. I know this will sound a little funny, but I believe I will pass it up. The reason I say this, as a very young child, my folks were poor, and we raised a few rabbits. I fell in love with them, and even then, did not eat the rabbit even though I'm sure it was good that my mom had fixed. I just love to pet and watch them.:)

Yes, each day is bringing us closer to this cruise, so I will try to "listen/check" the paper for anything that might pertain to Easter Sunday service.

I cruised on Christmas and on Christmas Day there was a service led bythe cruise director and the entertainment staff. I believe they called it a non-denominational service. We sang religious Christmas songs and there was Scripture reading and a short message. We all had copies of the program/order of service. I know that’s not Easter but just FYI to give my experience.

You might want to BYO Easter fun - we did Mardi Gras thing, beads, colorful clothing, deely-boppers ; the boat didn’t doa lot. Same for valentines the next day. Trust me, bring your own and you’ll have fun with it!!

Thank you for telling me about the non-denominational church service they had on Christmas. I'm sure any service would be better than none, but I know we would prefer this kind, so I'll try to check into it further.