Meet and Greet?

scubamommy!

1- Can I a arrange a meet and greet for a group of 27 guests if they are NOT on Cruise Critic? I am the only one in my party of 27 on CC.

2- Can I have a meet and greet for a 5 day cruise on Carnival Ecstasy? I know sometimes they only do it for 7 day cruises? Thought I would ask.

3- If the answer to the first two are yes, then how do I go about doing that? I have attended them but never planned them.

Thank you

If CC tells you no, you can always send John Heald a message and tell him you'd like to set something up since you have so many people. The least that he may do would be to allow you to use one of the available rooms on board. He may set something up similar to what CC does.

1- Can I a arrange a meet and greet for a group of 27 guests if they are NOT on Cruise Critic? I am the only one in my party of 27 on CC.

2- Can I have a meet and greet for a 5 day cruise on Carnival Ecstasy? I know sometimes they only do it for 7 day cruises? Thought I would ask.

3- If the answer to the first two are yes, then how do I go about doing that? I have attended them but never planned them.

Thank you

Unless CCL has changed this, you can contact the event planning dept. and reserve a room (lounge etc.) for your own group meeting. They will offer the location, no frills, unless you wish to order something. (eventplanning@carnival.com) 1.800.764.7419

Check this link to see what CCL offers.

http://zydecocruiser.net/menus/party/cocktailparty.htm

Thank you for the link, but I was thinking of a meet and greet that some of the officers or even the Captain or the CD come to so that they can introduce themselves. We did this on Celebrity, there wasn't a charge, even though it was in one of the bars early in the morning. They had coffee, juice and some pastries and it was really nice to meet some of the crew. I don't necessarily need refreshments, I just thought it would be nice for my guests ( many who have never sailed before) to do something like this for their first cruise.

But I'll still try that link ( and number) to see where it gets me. Thanks!

Thank you for the link, but I was thinking of a meet and greet that some of the officers or even the Captain or the CD come to so that they can introduce themselves. We did this on Celebrity, there wasn't a charge, even though it was in one of the bars early in the morning. They had coffee, juice and some pastries and it was really nice to meet some of the crew. I don't necessarily need refreshments, I just thought it would be nice for my guests ( many who have never sailed before) to do something like this for their first cruise.

Contact John Heald and ask him to set it up for you, also ask how you could go about inviting officers.

Why don't they just sign up for cruise critic? There is no cost to it. They don't have to participate in the boards. Just register for the meet & mingle and let Carnival handle the details. Your group of 27 meets the minimum. Snacks and officers will be provided.

I would suggest that since they don't advertise that they will do that for a five day cruise, that you contact Carnival instead of us.

I'd say yes, but what do I do for Carnival. Nothing but give them money. Money talks. I am sure they can arrange something, we have done it without officers, but they did charge, and we paid one person who paid the cruise line.

Thank you for the link, but I was thinking of a meet and greet that some of the officers or even the Captain or the CD come to so that they can introduce themselves.

I wouldn't count on getting the Captain or Senior Officers to attend, unless it is a "Diamond" or a "Platinum/Diamond" gathering.

We have had several M&G'S that we scheduled, and I doubt even JH can get the Captain to attend. ( Mia Culpa if he does) We did have the Cruise D., Entertainment D., and Hotel D. attend a CC/CCL M&M on the Magic though. clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Good Luck, and have a nice cruise. Our best M&G's and other gatherings were always handled by the Event Planning Dept or Group Dept. at CCL.