Unused cruise next certificate

pathi

I forgot we had a cruise next certain. It expires in 1year. We have a couple of princess cruises booked, so I don't think I can use it before it expires.

Do I lose the money in that case?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I forgot we had a cruise next certain. It expires in 1year. We have a couple of princess cruises booked, so I don't think I can use it before it expires.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes. Use or lose. You can try to sell it online though.

Edited by ColeThornton

If it isn’t expired book something as far out as you can do you don’t lose it. Then you can move it out further if you need to as itineraries open up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was on Spirit in Jan. the cruise consultant said you can get an extension for one year. I have one left to use by Nov so I am going to get it renewed one year closer to the time it 3xpires.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I forgot we had a cruise next certain. It expires in 1year. We have a couple of princess cruises booked, so I don't think I can use it before it expires. Do I lose the money in that case? Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sell it on ebay. Remember, people know that you only paid $125 for the cert.

Pathi,

Couldn’t help but notice the 1st Cav Division patch. Thanks.

If it isn’t expired book something as far out as you can do you don’t lose it. Then you can move it out further if you need to as itineraries open up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A brilliant idea! OP should pay heed to this advise.

The current rules say "book and sail by" the expiration date, so technically this tactic won't work. It's worth asking if they'll bend the rules and let you book something further out, but I wouldn't count on being able to keep moving the date further out into the future. When you cancel a cruise deposited with a CruiseNext certificate, they usually have to wait a couple of days for the certificate to reappear in your account, and it will definitely be marked as expired by then.