Friends/Family free option disappeared

mdchachi

Today was the first time I ever considered sailing NCL or even looked at their web site and was looking at a Feb 2019 sailing on the Bliss. The 3/4 guest free option was there and I selected it as I was comparing prices and looking at options and what not. I came back an hour later to look again and now that option is no longer there no matter what class of room I try. It was around midnight on a Friday night. It's still within the same three-day "sale" period. Does NCL play games like the airlines do, changing options and pricing based on day of the week, etc.?

Also, how long does the $1 deposit last? ie how long do I have until I need to put out real money? Would it still make sense to reserve or do these kinds of sales come and go all the time?

Thanks.

They probably sold out of that sailings allotment of 3/4 free. That happens all the time, For example the Escape out of NY had 3/4 free 5/20, 5/27 & 6/4 and now all 3 of these sailings are not 3/4 which kinda stinks for me because I cannot make any changes to the reservation that has 3/4 free otherwise the $399 fare would kick in on both passengers so what would be a $300 upgrade fee pp would become $699 x 2.

The one dollar deposit ends Sunday night and you do not have to pay any further money until final payment 120 days from sailing.

Although the Friends and Family icon doesn't show up for the Feb 2019 Bliss sailings the promo perk is available for the February dates except for the week of Feb 16th. I checked oceanview (category 01), mini-suite and a Haven Suite and if you choose 4 passengers Friends and Family Guests 3 and 4 in your Stateroom Cruise for Free is one of the promo options. It doesn't show up as an option on the Haven Suite choice but is reflected in the pricing. In all cases you do have to pay the $141.05 government fees and taxes for guests 3 and 4.

Deposit would be $2.00 ($1.00 each for passengers 1 and 2). The $2.00 deposit would hold the stateroom until final payment date (looks like that is Oct 5, 2018). The $1.00 per person deposit is rare ...... $50 pp happens fairly often. The most common promo perk choices are Beverage, Dining, Shore Excursion Credit, Internet Credit. Friends and Family shows up now and then.

Also, does anybody know why the balcony rooms are marginally higher priced on decks 11,12,13l 14 as compared to 9 & 10? Just because it's a higher level and presumably a better view? Or do the lower decks get spray or something? Thanks.

Also, does anybody know why the balcony rooms are marginally higher priced on decks 11,12,13l 14 as compared to 9 & 10? Just because it's a higher level and presumably a better view? Or do the lower decks get spray or something? Thanks.

That's pretty much standard on all ships and all cruise lines: the higher the deck, the higher the price.

Also, how long does the $1 deposit last? ie how long do I have until I need to put out real money? Would it still make sense to reserve or do these kinds of sales come and go all the time?

So,,, I have never seen the $1 deposit. Probably won't last long. Kinda like the free service charges. Or the Get All 4.

Final payment is 120 days prior to cruise for most booking classes.

Thank you. It's the Feb 16 sailing I need. Sounds like I should reserve anyway and keep an eye on the fares until October.

you will never see 3rd and 4th free guests for that week. Presidents week is one of the most crowded and highest priced week of the year.

you will never see 3rd and 4th free guests for that week. Presidents week is one of the most crowded and highest priced week of the year.

I'm sure it was there. But then it was gone. There's a non-zero chance I was looking at the wrong week I suppose.

Anyway I decided to hold off on this NCL or at least this ship for now. I don't think my younger son will be tall enough to ride the go carts. I'll consider it again for 2020. Thanks.