Traffic at Port Canaveral

hollyisu

How has traffic been at Port Canaveral lately? Last year traffic was terrible on the day that we embarked because of a shuttle launch. The day we disembarked there were delays due to heavy fog, so traffic was terrible that day. We are sailing on March 17 so I want to have some idea of how long it will take for us to drop off the car at national and get to the port for our 11:30 check in time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are cruising on a Saturday and today is Saturday!!! We are about to drive out to drop friends at the Port and will let you know afterwards.

I do not think there is a rocket launch scheduled on your date so no worries.

We are in busy season now and there are some beach traffic delays on A1A in Cocoa Beach but elsewhere things are fine.

Which ship for you?

Edited by SteerageJoe

Just returned from the drop off. We have 4 ships in port today all over on the other side. Traffic to the two Carnival ships were a bit heavier than Disney and Norwegian but the lines moved steady at 11:45 am and it took only 10 minutes at most from the road into the port and to the porters at 5.

No problems for us and I wish you the same on the 17th.

shuttle launch last year??????

a traffic jam around here means you had to wait the second traffic light cycle ......

yes if there is a once a year event like port closing 4 fog there may be a problem

but since the port authority came to its senses and stopped arranging things like port seafood fests on days 5 cruise ships were expected the crowding has become manageable

IMO

I dropped off my nephew and his family at the port today. 12noon. Was back home in Cocoa Beach in 15 minutes. No real traffic. Cannot predict for the 17th but you really should not have a problem.

Enjoy your cruise!

3 ships in port that day, really shouldn't be too bad. If arriving at 1130, there may be a little backup as that's getting into the prime arrival window but is still very manageable. I work at Cape Canaveral and can confirm there currently are no launches scheduled for that weekend so that won't be impacting anything.

Thanks everyone. We had bad luck both arriving and leaving last year. On embarkation day I dropped the other 8 people and luggage off at the port and left to return the van at one National. It took the shuttle over 45 minutes to even get close. I eventually decided it would be faster to walk and asked the driver to let me off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just got off oasis yesterday (sunday 3/4/18). We did self assist, which means we took off our own bags off the ship. Got in line by the Champagne Bar at 6:15am, line started moving at around 6:40am, got off the ship at 7am sharp. There was a disney cruise and a carnival ship that had docked right about the same time. We got to MCO airport via taxi at 7:45am, no traffic to speak of. MCO airport at 7:45am was a nightmare, TSA line was at least 90 minutes. Luckily I have Amex platinum and got free Even More Speed with Jetblue. So only had to wait 20 minutes