Mobility Scooter

mrsihopes

We are going to Alaska out of San Pedro in April. I would like to bring my mobility scooter to use when we are in ports in Alaska as I can not walk for an extended period of time with out my hip hurting. Does anyone know if I can put a luggage tag on my scooter, leave it with the porters and have it delivered to my state room? Any information would be appreciated.

You should ride your scooter right on to the ship. The ramps are a little steep but my husband goes in front of me and if he needs help I give a little push.

Do not give your scooter to the porters! They should not be responsible for getting your scooter on to the ship and if any damage should happen you would be without your scooter for the entire cruise.

I don't know what kind of scooter you have, but I hope you have checked that it will fit thru the doorway of the stateroom you have. You must keep your scooter inside your stateroom at all times when not using it, like at night when you are charging the battery.

There are actual conditions when using scooter. Princess WILL NOT STORE when not using. You can not leave it unattended in any hall way. Scooter/wheelchairs MUST be kept in your cabin. As I recall the standard cabin door opening is 27", I may be wrong on actual width. I do know a standard scooter WILL NOT fit. Princess.com has entire page devoted to this subject

There are actual conditions when using scooter. Princess WILL NOT STORE when not using. You can not leave it unattended in any hall way. Scooter/wheelchairs MUST be kept in your cabin. As I recall the standard cabin door opening is 27", I may be wrong on actual width. I do know a standard scooter WILL NOT fit. Princess.com has entire page devoted to this subject

Sorry, did some checking, actual door frame has opening of 23". However the door itself only opens 90 degrees, so thickness of the door has to be subtracted. 21" OR LESS IS THE REQUIREMENT.

We are planning on renting a scooter from Special Needs Group which is advertised on the Princess website.Has anyone used them in the past and will their most basic scooter fit through the doorway?Thanks for any info!

We are planning on renting a scooter from Special Needs Group which is advertised on the Princess website.Has anyone used them in the past and will their most basic scooter fit through the doorway?Thanks for any info!

As long as it's the one for 250lbs or less, I was told it would fit when we ordered from them last week.